Faster to the fun package?

dogchopper

I am wondering if its worth the 49.95 for this? I never had a major wait getting on the ship (because I'm always there real early:D) but does it help when getting off the ship on port days??

We are cruising in June and I in its going to be crazy crowded then. I also know that sometimes you can wait quite a long time to get off the ship.. ??

For me (frugal), the value of FTTF was priority tendering in Belize and Cayman. The other perks were a nice add-on.

I don't think it would have made more than a twenty minute advantage in embarkation, in my case, but I did like being one of the first on board. And it was great to be able to unload my carryon in the cabin right away.

We've used it twice, both times on the Imagination when she was sailing from MIA.

Well worth it, even without the priority tendering.

We boarded behind the VIP's once, and with them the other. Straight to our cabin to any empty Lido buffet to enjoy a STRESS FREE LUNCH and our luggage was waiting in our cabin when we returned.

First off with a #1 tag on our luggage. In our car and out before the traffic started on 95 :D

Well worth $49.95 in my opinion. Used last cruise out of Miami. Somehow we beat our friends on who are plat. Doing again in September. Had to check every day for 3 months for it to open for our cruise but well worth it.

My cruise isn't until June so hopefully it is available. As soon as the hubby gets home I'm gonna tell him we need to buy this. I can't believe I never heard of this before..

My question is this….what happens if you have a reservation with an outside excursion company and the FTTF peeps have precedence on getting off first? We have excursions planned for all 4 ports, 2 of which are tendered, wondering how we will get to our tours on time. Does the ship still acknowledge and accommodate all excursions and times appointed for us regular cruisers? I am not shelling out $150 bucks to skip the lines, no offense to those that do, but seriously do not see the value of it.

My question is this….what happens if you have a reservation with an outside excursion company and the FTTF peeps have precedence on getting off first? We have excursions planned for all 4 ports, 2 of which are tendered, wondering how we will get to our tours on time. Does the ship still acknowledge and accommodate all excursions and times appointed for us regular cruisers? I am not shelling out $150 bucks to skip the lines, no offense to those that do, but seriously do not see the value of it.

Not trying to be contrary but did you book three cabins? Because the price is per cabin, not per passenger.

I know that many here lament the decline in the more-inclusive pricing of days gone by when compared to what they feel is a nickel and dime approach these days--extra cost steakhouse, extra cost priority boarding, extra cost entertainment on some cruises. For me it makes more sense to have an affordable cruise and then to splurge on those things that make the biggest difference for my wife and I.

1- There are 4 of us and we will have carry-ons (instead of lugging them to lunch-yuck) and soda limit-Drop off stuff. Hit lunch ahead of the crowd. .

2- Tendering in Belize and Grand Cayman. GC is a private excursion so .

3- We need to hit the ground running when we return.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Get it. Don't hesitate. Until I reach platinum (which will be a while) I will buy it. Every. Time.

We had it on my last cruise, the best part was not the boarding early but being able to use the special line at guest services! I thought was a great perk. I also loved not having to carry my luggage and cokes around the Lido deck while I'm trying to wrangle kids and find a seat to eat my lunch. We just dropped our stuff in our room and then had free hands all afternoon.

Elation, April 2012

Fascination, September 2012

Fascination, September 2013

Dream, October 2014

Get it. Don't hesitate. Until I reach platinum (which will be a while) I will buy it. Every. Time.

We had it on my last cruise, the best part was not the boarding early but being able to use the special line at guest services! I thought was a great perk. I also loved not having to carry my luggage and cokes around the Lido deck while I'm trying to wrangle kids and find a seat to eat my lunch. We just dropped our stuff in our room and then had free hands all afternoon.

Elation, April 2012

Dream, October 2014

I didn't know you got the perk of the guest services too. That is cool. Yeah it will be a while before I am a platinum member too so this is a good idea. And being able to bring drinks and drop them off in the room is nice too.

then why do they list it per person? maybe not so bad, but what are the guest services perks?

I literally bought it tonight for our cruise in October and I promise it's per cabin.

The perk for guest services is that you get to use the VIP line. Sometimes, especially the first day, those lines can be super long! You can just usually walk right up to the front!

Elation, April 2012

Dream, October 2014

We normally drop off our luggage before we board to porters waiting to take luggage near the parking terminal. This is usually before we check in with Carnival. Now that we have FTTF should we still drop off luggage with porters, or take it with us when we check in with Carnival (to help insure it gets to our room early)? Any thoughts? I am talking about the Long Beach terminal. Thanks.

We normally drop off our luggage before we board to porters waiting to take luggage near the parking terminal. This is usually before we check in with Carnival. Now that we have FTTF should we still drop off luggage with porters, or take it with us when we check in with Carnival (to help insure it gets to our room early)? Any thoughts? I am talking about the Long Beach terminal. Thanks.

That's a good question. I'm waiting for that answer.

I just purchased mine.. My cruise is in June and there were on,y 6 left!! They do go quick!!

It doesn't matter how many cabins you have booked, it doesn't matter if you are Red, Gold, or Platinum. If If it's available to have priority embarkationl, priority luggage delivery, immediate access to your cabin at time of embarkation, and priority debarkation via tender to the port that requires tender, then you earned or paid for it.

As long as you are within the benefits that you have earned or payed for, anyone else can stuff it.

My opinion. Platinum members get most of these benefits for free because they are platinum. Any other benefit can still be paid for.

Sent from my wonderful iPhone 5 using the fabulous Cruise Critic app.

You still give your checked luggage to the porter. Just make sure you have the tags with the fftf logo on them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

You still give your checked luggage to the porter. Just make sure you have the tags with the fftf logo on them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for this information as I'm in the same boat this Saturday at Long Beach as others here. We have printed our tags but to be honest the FTTF logo is very small. I imagine it's the bar code on the tags that get them on their way correctly but I suppose we were expecting something more flashy.

Edited by sanmarcosman