excursion wet suits

frostypenguin

Thats an XL or he may be more comfortable in a XXL. All ship excursions with equipment never include a wetsuit. You have to rent that separate from the operator. People tend to PEE in their wetsuits so some operators don't offer them or they smell!

You mean to say that in addition to the excursion price on princess I will need to pay for renting a wetsuit? It does not mention that in the brochure, has anyone else had this experience.

As far as the other issue, it sounds very unsanitary to rent one...

It is not just Princess that does not include certain items. What kind of excursation are you going on?
Alaska snorkeling. I'll bet the wet suit is included as I can't imagine that it is possible to do the excursion w/o it.

There are two kind of divers - ones that pee in their wet suits and ones that say they don't and lie about it.;) A reputable operator will use a sanitizing solution in the wet suit rinse tank. If you want to buy your own this is a good on-line source http://www.leisurepro.com/Cat/Context_980/Suits/982.htmlIf you are prone to getting cold a hood will help a lot. You loose a lot of heat from your head.

Kent

• 2 weeks later...

If your husband is 250 lbs. then they'll give him a XXXL suit to wear. The weight limit for the Alaska snorkeling tour through Princess is right at 250. I'm sure he could squeeze a few more in there if necessary. All their suits are cleaned and sanitized after every use.

Thats an XL or he may be more comfortable in a XXL. All ship excursions with equipment never include a wetsuit. You have to rent that separate from the operator. People tend to PEE in their wetsuits so some operators don't offer them or they smell!

And yes, the wetsuit is provided with the tour. That'd be like going on a fishing tour and not be given a pole.

I've never seen an excursion that includes equipment that didn't include a wet suit, but I have all my own equipment and always take it with me. If you really want a comfortable trip then go to leisure pro, as mentioned above, and buy one that fits. You don't need to pay huge amounts of money for neoprene and leisure pro seems to have very good rates on wetsuits. Good luck and enjoy

Archived