Birthdays on the boat

maurinsky2

If you want to have a special celebration for someone who will be celebrating a birthday while on the ship, is there someone you should talk to about it? My fiance's son will turn 18 while on the ship, and when I booked their room, the rep I spoke to said "Oh, we'll have to do something special for him!" but I'm not sure if she meant they would do something special for him or I should arrange something special for him.

sometimes if the waitstaff is aware of the birthday/anniversary etc they will bring out a cookie or desert and sing to that person..

there is on I believe all ships a candy store (Cherry on Top) that you can order a cake for the girlfriend, very cheap and it can be delivered to your table at dinner on her birthday.. and they will still sing to her...

you need to call the bon voage dept and arrange anything special like room decorations cake ,etc,etc all carnival does is leave a funship freddy card in the mailbox by your door or leave it in your room . its not like they go out of the way for anything special, if they have a tv show with the cruise director they may call your room

We celebrated my DD's birthday on board. I went into our reservation and made a note on her name - there's a place for it where they ask you. Once we were on board I ordered a cake at Cherry on Top/Formalities, and our head waiter asked what night we would be celebrating - she knew from our reservation that we had a bday on board.

My daughter has had 2 birthdays while sailing. I pre order a cake online from the Carnival website - have it delivered to our table at dinner for all to share.

You can also order room decorations from the same department and specify if you want them already there when you board, or on a specific day they'll do it while they clean you room.

Let your pvp know too. We had a lot of nice stuff on our honeymoon cruise free because I told my pvp when booking. We had all the decorations in the room, champagne and strawberrys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Our son turned 16 while on the Fascination. Prior to us boarding, I had ordered a bday cake for him with the instructions for it to be delivered during dinner. When we got to the MDR, I told the matre d about the cake and when it came time for dessert, they made a little hat out of a napkin, put it on him and sang happy birthday. I did not decorate his cabin or anything as he told me in advance he would tear anything down, but the steward came told him happy birthday.

We've ordered one of the "Bon Voyage" cakes to have in our room when we arrived and not only was the cake there...our room steward had left us plates, utensils, and cloth napkins. It was a real treat and the cake was delicious We'll order another one for our next cruise. :D So yummy!

Edited by mousey

My daughter was turning 18 on our August cruise so I purchased room decorations in advance. When we first got to our cabins, she opened the door and was really surprised and excited ... she thought Carnival did that for her...lol

They did leave her a really cute birthday card, though. :)

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app