Question about vehicle pickup in Skagway

Priest

It's our first cruise and we are now planning on doing the drive to Emerald Lake. We are sailing on the Norweigian Star and acording to NCL we will be in port from 7am to 8pm. Since I have no clue what to expect...what time should I schedule the pick up and drop off of the car for?

Thanks!

If you rented through Avis, I believe their office opens at 8:00 AM. I would get the car right away...or at least complete the paperwork. You'll get a better selection of cars. If you don't plan to use it right away, just leave it in the lot until you're ready to use it. Schedule drop at 7:30 PM. You can drop car off whenever you're done with it.

It's our first cruise and we are now planning on doing the drive to Emerald Lake. We are sailing on the Norweigian Star and acording to NCL we will be in port from 7am to 8pm. Since I have no clue what to expect...what time should I schedule the pick up and drop off of the car for?

Thanks!

On June 8th, we arrived in Skagway ahead of schedule about 5 a.m. and docked around 6 a.m. People were getting off the ship by 7 a.m. So you'd probably be safe in planning to pick up your rental car around 8 a.m. or any time after that.

I would allow at least 6 hours to fully enjoy the beautiful scenery on your drive to Emerald Lake. We had a nice lunch (soup, sanwich, beverage & homemade pie) at Spirit Lake Lodge which is right before Emerald Lake.

Take a look at my pictures and you'll be eagerly anticipating this trip!

Archived