Royal Caribbean website quirks

travelplus

I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to experiencing the Royal IT quirks.

First quirk that I ran into. I filled out my Set Sail Pass everything looked good. It said'Ready to Print" about a week ago after a cabin change. Today when I went online it said"In progress". So I went to see what that was all about.

Well what greeted me was that the Crown and Anchor numbers had been erased as well as the Passport Info, Birth Year etc. What I found out was that I forgot to "Tick" the accept the Terms and Conditions. Why couldn't they have saved all my data and just let me "Tick" the proper box and have a message stating that forgot to accept the Terms and Conditions properly. Even the airlines keep all of your data and it doesn't get erased.

Secondly a Shore Excursion in the Tenerife got cancelled. I called up the Shore Excursion Desk with the old description only to find out that the tour number had changed but not the details. Why did I get this vague email stating that one of the following reasons took place:

1. We no longer offer the tour

2. We do not have the birthdates for one or more of your party.

I mean if the entire tour was the same why couldn't they have just sent me a followup email with the new details and keep my payment? If I had wanted to cancel I would have called up or done it online. Why make me go through this extra step of rebooking? When my United flight time changed they sent me an email and all I had to do was go online and confirm the change.

Whoever designed the RCCL website or IT must not have graduated from a proper university. I mean with the weekly shutdown of the website something tells me their IT team cannot just be working behind the scenes and have a second website where they can work on and just update it on a per webpage basis.

On other websites such as United maybe once or twice in my many years of using it did I not have access to my booking. But my booking has been accessible for the most part.

Can someone tell me what it is about these quirks in the online booking system? It's like one hand does not follow the other hand especially with the Tour booking software. Its stupid to cancel your guests with the possibility of the new tour being overbooked. Why not just transfer the guests to the new tour? For accounting purposes its much easier to let the guest switch on to the new tour if its the same cost. Just send an e-mail with the new details. If there is a price change you could add an "Accept" or "Refund" button very easily.

I mean if there is a problem with your SeaPass why not just send out an email? Why not have your SeaPass accessible via your Passport# , Crown and Anchor# or Credit Card info? When I go to check in for my international flight I sometimes forget to print off the boarding pass at home. At the airport I just swipe my machine readable passport and voilla it pops up. If Royal Caribbean urges us to bring the SetSail Pass why not take it one step further if you have completed online checkin at home you should not have to show up to the port with the pass as it should just be updated into the Royal Caribbean reservation system like the airlilines and hotels do. All you need is your booking# form of ID and Credit Card just like the airlines do.

Hope you can shed light on the quirks I have experienced which I feel is quite frustrating to someone who has no time to deal with them.

Edited by travelplus

• 2 months later...

I recently have been having same or worse issues with their website. I agree that their web design team is terrible. The site does not store data, it does not link properly, it does not recall data amongst pages, etc.

The site would not allow me to book excursions properly. I had to call in, and even they could not access their booking site to make reservations. Really?

Probably the largest source of revenue for the cruise lines and they cant get 10 people booked for 2 excusions a day, and in doing so not lock in over 10k in revenue.

When i spoke to the kind rep Jennifer, she said that their website has been experiencing difficult these last few weeks. Based on the date of your thread, it seems to be longer.

I wish you good luck and i hope RC steps up their game. There are other options for cruiselines out there and if they cant compete online in this day and age, they will lose business.

My ***** card appeared to not be going through for an excursion booking, so we tried my husband's card. No dice. I called up and as it turned out, our excursion booked..........twice. They have to refund us $218. But it's a new system. There will be bugs at first. I'm just happy to be going on vacation in three weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums