Shore Excursions for upcoming Cruise

travelplus

My Father and I are on the Splendour of The Seas and booked some great shore excursions with Royal. Considering this is our first time in Brazil I wanted to book a shore excursion in Bahia.

In Rio we are working on a tour with either a relative or a friend of a relative who lives there.

I just booked a shore excursion with Royal Caribbean for $54 per person you have a 7 hour tour of Salvador Bahia Brazil with lunch. I think this is a great deal considering the 4 hour tour was $29 and if you consider lunch to be around $15-$20 you also get to see more areas of the city as well.

I see that we arrive at 9:00 AM and the shore excursion leaves at 9:15 and comes back at 4:15 PM so this should give us plenty of time to be back on board.

In the Tenerife I booked a 3.5 hour Northern Island Panoramic Tour for $44 which gives a nice overview of the island.

In Malaga we are going to do it on our own since we spent 6 weeks in Malaga back in 1998 and saw the Alhambra twice, we also stayed in Sevilla for 1 week and went to Cordoba. We have already been to Gibraltar as well.

We plan to go into the city have lunch and go back on the ship.

I have found out that for the most part Royal's shore excursions are great considering they guarantee to get you back to the ship on time. Well in Brazil I'm a little bit doubtful to go around Bahia on my own. I've read some reviews about Bahia and they highly suggest taking a tour.

Also in Rio it helps to have either a local connection or take a tour since its a major town.

Edited by travelplus