anyone use aquarius sea tours before?

sharpieblet

Looked them up online and for 50 bucks a person they offer what looks like a great 3.5 hr tour to stingray city, with some snorkeling and a stop at starfish point, and they email you all the pics they take for free as well as providing complimentary food and drink. Hard to ignore this deal so I reserved a spot for our stop on 3/5/14.

Emails were quick with response and they say they've never had anyone miss a ship, and with the whole tour being 3.5 hours I would think it's a safe bet.

Has anyone used them before? I really just can't see spending almost twice three money on a ship excursion for a bigger group and less personal experience...

I'm also researching ideas for excursions, so this interested me. I checked out their website, and the reviews on tripadvisor, and it all looks very good!

I hope someone with first-hand experience will reply to this query and let us know more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Will be with them next Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've booked with them for our November cruise and would love to hear how your trip with Acquarius was! I really hope you weren't disappointed, and that's not the reason you haven't been back to post a review......

• 3 weeks later...

We booked with them end of feb and they never showed up. Our ship was an hour late to port, carnival called them the day before and they said they may be able to still take us. They never showed up and didn't answer either number they gave us. We wound up going with a random group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just used Acquarius last Friday. No complaints at all with them, they were fabulous! We arrived in Grand Cayman about 2 hours early due to Roatan port being cancelled due to high winds ( couldn't get into the channel safely they told us). We walked around a bit and did some shopping before the tour meeting time. I noticed that they were there at least 45 mins prior to the tour starting. They took us by shuttle to the marina where the boat was and waited on a group from a hotel. There were about 15-20 people on boat and never felt crowded at all. We stopped at 3 areas. One to snorkel, one stop at starfish point/cove, and of course one stop to see the stingrays! Capt. Mario and Daryl ( first mate) were great with my kids. They take photos in and out of the water during the stops and these are free for you to download. We also got free pizza and drinks on the boat ( water and punch). I'd be happy to answer any questions on our experience if anyone has any.

• 2 months later...
We just used Acquarius last Friday. No complaints at all with them, they were fabulous! We arrived in Grand Cayman about 2 hours early due to Roatan port being cancelled due to high winds ( couldn't get into the channel safely they told us). We walked around a bit and did some shopping before the tour meeting time. I noticed that they were there at least 45 mins prior to the tour starting. They took us by shuttle to the marina where the boat was and waited on a group from a hotel. There were about 15-20 people on boat and never felt crowded at all. We stopped at 3 areas. One to snorkel, one stop at starfish point/cove, and of course one stop to see the stingrays! Capt. Mario and Daryl ( first mate) were great with my kids. They take photos in and out of the water during the stops and these are free for you to download. We also got free pizza and drinks on the boat ( water and punch). I'd be happy to answer any questions on our experience if anyone has any.

Hello!! Thanks for the reviews. We've booked Acquarius for our January 7th GC visit! How much time did you spend at Starfish point? And were you satisfied with the photos they provided?

Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks!

Richard

• 2 years later...

Hi There just wondering about this tour group Acquarius Tours in the grand caymen. I am interested but a little hesitant as this is the only operator asking me to fax in my CC number. I find this very odd and im not sure i am comfortable doing that. the other tours i have booked didn't want a deposit or asked for full payment online in a secured website?

Any feedback would be great... I mean, who faxes anything anymore?:)