South Beach Miami

FUNGIRLS

Hi Everyone..:)

Starting to do my research for a hotel in South beach Prior to our cruise departure. We are coming in two days early and looking for a hotel that is close to everything (especially the beach) and is a good deal. I've been reading trip adviser and can't seem to narrow it down..any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

If you are looking for a hotel in a perfect location to hit any points of interest in a quick walk, look at Hotel La Flora on 12th and Collins. This hotel has no pool, restaurant, shop etc. But it is welcoming, clean, friendly and most importantly the location and prices can be very inviting. The desk will give you beach towels for the beach and you can rent if you want chairs many places along the beautiful beach. We just spent 5 nights there in a two room suite. Check out the reviews on tripadvisor. Right next door is another good small hotel...Impala Hotel. Again, these aren't monster hotels with clubs. Just great places to call your base while you check out all of the south beach area. The beach and Ocean Dr are a block away. Have fun! Try the segway rental! Great fun along the beach walk.

We got the rec for La Flora on tripadvisor's forum and were super pleased. You can get other rec's there too.

Edited by eandj

Hi Everyone..:)

Starting to do my research for a hotel in South beach Prior to our cruise departure. We are coming in two days early and looking for a hotel that is close to everything (especially the beach) and is a good deal. I've been reading trip adviser and can't seem to narrow it down..any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Most importantly, what are your dates? Don't worry so much about being on the beach as most South Beach hotels are not oceanfront.

Thank you everyone! Checking all of them because some have a minimum stay required. We will be there the first weekend in May. :)

Book something you can live with that you can also cancel. As your dates get closer, minimum stays will open up and prices will drop UNLESS there is a big city wide conference going on.

I don't get the min. stay in May...unless you are going when there is something big happening in the area. :o But I'd go thru tripadvisor lists for info and reviews. Then see what you can find on LMTclub.com ( join for free) and check orbitz, travelocity and expedia for any special sales/codes being offered. (I got an additional 20% off our stay in Feb with a travelocity. code. )

But as stated, if not sure, make sure you can cancel while you still hunt.