Wine Decanter

kendal

Hi there. I have not done this on NCL, but I have done it.

I would be surprised if NCL did not allow you to borrow a decanter, especially if you are in a balcony or higher.

I did it on Celebrity and it was not a problem. I just went to the sommelier, and privately asked. He told me he would see what he could do, asked for my cabin number and it showed up that afternoon. I was in a balcony suite.

I realize that this board is specially for NCL policies, and line specific answers, but I thought I would share my experience with you since no one else had answered.

Also, if you are at all concerned, perhaps you could call their cust. svc. number ahead of time?

Another idea I have is: buy an inexpensive decanter at a second hand shop to take with you in your luggage. That way, if it gets broken, you won't be too upset.

I might be getting my ships mixed up, but I vividly remember seeing decanters stored on the shelves with the "fancy" glassware in Cagney's.

I am 99.9% sure this was on the Jewel. The only reason I remember this is because I remember talking about it with my wife, and we were wondering if they were actually ever used, or just there for "show". I believe there were 3 or 4 of them placed on the shelf. The cabinet is on the wall on your right side when you walk into the restaurant (just around the wall).

Good luck!

Edited to add:

I just noticed you're going to be in a Haven Suite on the Jewel. You'll love it! Just ask your butler when you meet them, and I am sure you'll get the decanter delivered to your stateroom the same day! Have fun! We loved the Courtyard on this ship!

Edited by CTCruiser001

I am cruising on the Jewel and will be bringing some good wine that will need to be decanted. Can anyone tell me if they have these on the ships? I am trying to avoid bringing one with me.

We had a bottle of wine decanted in Le Bistro.