Need Advice!! Scuba/Snorkel...Navigator

mordev

Family going on NOS this summer...going to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel..looking for advice on most spectacular scuba/snorkel excursions!

Thanks in advance!!

We've been to all three places you're going to, and we've only gone snorkeling on Belize. We booked a catamaran excursion through the ship and it was a blast! It was also in 2005, so things could be different now. What was great was the boat came right up to the ship, so we didn't have to go ashore. After snorkeling we went to a beach for a bit, then they provided unlimited rum punch on the way back. It was a lot of fun.

On Cozumel I highly recommend Nachi Cocum. We've been there twice and will go back the next time we're in Cozumel. I believe you have to book it through Island Marketing. It's around $55.00 pp and includes food and unlimited beverages, alcoholic and non. They keep it to around 100 people so it doesn't get too crowded, and they offer snorkeling and para sailing for an additional cost. You can snorkel off the beach if you have gear.

Have a good trip!

If you want private, I recommend Bananarama in Roatan for diving. Very nice quaint place. Do yahoo search for them. They will pick you up and drop you off at the gate by the pier. For Belize, I am not much help. I have heard book through the ship since it is a tender and the diving excursion has a boat that picks you up at the ship. My husband will find out in May. In Coz, highly recommend Dive with Alison. She takes divers and snorklers. Once at the dive sites she goes with the divers and the snorklers have their own guide. You do have to take a taxi to the marina. She is suppose to have the fastest dive boat in Coz so you get to go to places the other boats can take you. Again she can be found on a yahoo search. Both palces will rent equipment if you do not have your own. Bananarama is also a nice place to relax.

If you want private, I recommend Bananarama in Roatan for diving. Very nice quaint place. Do yahoo search for them. They will pick you up and drop you off at the gate by the pier. For Belize, I am not much help. I have heard book through the ship since it is a tender and the diving excursion has a boat that picks you up at the ship. My husband will find out in May. In Coz, highly recommend Dive with Alison. She takes divers and snorklers. Once at the dive sites she goes with the divers and the snorklers have their own guide. You do have to take a taxi to the marina. She is suppose to have the fastest dive boat in Coz so you get to go to places the other boats can take you. Again she can be found on a yahoo search. Both palces will rent equipment if you do not have your own. Bananarama is also a nice place to relax.

I'll be on Navigator in 2 days and I am an avid snorkeler. I suggest Goff's Caye in Belize and the snorkeling off Tabyana Beach in Roatan is good, too. I have scuba dived in Cozumel so, I cannot comment on snorkeling there.

Yes, Bananarama is good. I have my own gear, so I go wherever my mood takes me.

We've been to all three places you're going to, and we've only gone snorkeling on Belize. We booked a catamaran excursion through the ship and it was a blast! It was also in 2005, so things could be different now. What was great was the boat came right up to the ship, so we didn't have to go ashore. After snorkeling we went to a beach for a bit, then they provided unlimited rum punch on the way back. It was a lot of fun.

On Cozumel I highly recommend Nachi Cocum. We've been there twice and will go back the next time we're in Cozumel. I believe you have to book it through Island Marketing. It's around $55.00 pp and includes food and unlimited beverages, alcoholic and non. They keep it to around 100 people so it doesn't get too crowded, and they offer snorkeling and para sailing for an additional cost. You can snorkel off the beach if you have gear.

Have a good trip!

You can now book through Nachi Cocom. It's the same price; I'm glad I booked directly with them. I put up a deposit a couple of years ago and have rescheduled my cruise twice; they let me keep the deposit and reschedule. I don't know if you could do this through Island Marketing.

I'm a novice to snorkeling but do not recommend snorkeling off the beach at Nachi Cocom. We were there on February 7th and were pleased with Nachi but the snorkeling wasn't good as there was little to see. They do provide the option of going to the reef by boat for a fee. We didn't do this however since we decided to rent their wave runners instead....fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding snorkeling by boat from Nachi - not sure I would really recommend it. They stopped in an area that had many boats there - all dumping plenty of fuel into the water. I got a mouthful of diesel-filled water at one point. Yuck. On the plus side, there were a variety of fish and finally saw a sea turtle, which for some reason I had never seen in ten years of snorkeling.