Dawn~ 2 weeks left!, still have some questions

Water2Moon

These boards have been so helpful to me. I've learned far more on here than I ever would through my TA. However there are still some questions I have and was hoping someone could help me out.

1) Are there Iron's Available on the ship or do I need to pack my own?

2) Evening Dress Code- I read that tank tops are not allowed in the dining room during dinner. does this also apply to halter tops? Does this apply only to some of the restaurants or all of them during evening hours?

3) Would a bathing suit and cover up be appropriate to wear throughout the entire day on board the ship? I just didn't want to have to pack as many outfits.

4) Last question..for now..LOL . Embarkment- Is it better to arrive earlier, say 11Am or is it better to wait until after 2PM. I've heard pros and cons on both and i'm still confused. We did the pre-registration online so hopefully that will speed up the process?

Thank you!!

I guess you are on the Dawn :)

There are irons in the self serve laundry rooms.

I think tank tops are fine for women.

Early or late - that is your decision -if you want to be onboard early, don't mind waiting around come early. If you want a quick embarkation come late.

It gets veeerrrrryyyy cold on the ship:eek: So you may want to wear more then a bathing suit and a cover-up. IMHO I wouldn`t wear a bathing suit even with a cover-uo if you are eating breakast and lunch in the dining rooms. Buffet is ok.

Halter tops are ok for dinner but the rest of the ship is going to be cold so bring a shawl or bolero jacket.......or something.

Have a great cruise:D

1) Irons and ironing boards are available in the self-service laundry rooms. The irons cannot be removed. You shouldn't take your own iron onboard because they are considered fire hazards. However, steamers are allowed. Or you might consider using Downey Wrinkle Release spray.

2) For women, tank tops and halter tops are fine. But, as others have pointed out, it can get a little chilly in the dining rooms and the showroom.

3) A bathing suit w/ a cover-up is ok for the buffet and the Blue Lagoon, but I don't think it's appropriate for the main dining rooms.

4) My preference is to board as early as possible. To me, the sooner you're onboard, the sooner you can start taking advantage of the ship's amenities, including a nice, leisurely, delicious sitdown lunch in the Venetian dining room. You'll also have plenty of time to explore the ship, all before the sailaway party. The downside of boarding early is that you will have to cope with lines and a bit of chaos at the pier.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the help. I'll remember to bring a sweater for the dining rooms. We'll most likely eat at the garden cafe for lunch so I guess as long as the weather is warm the cover up will be ok.m Only 2 weeks left and I'm very excited!:D

Archived