Soda package question???

cmoose

I really did try and find the answer to this on the NCL site but couldn't.
My 14 year old daughter and I are traveling on the Dawn. How much would the soda package be and do we both need to have it?
How much is a soda if purchased without the package. She may have one, maybe 2 sodas a day when on vacation so I'm not sure it's worth it.

[quote name='cmoose']I really did try and find the answer to this on the NCL site but couldn't.
My 14 year old daughter and I are traveling on the Dawn. How much would the soda package be and do we both need to have it?
How much is a soda if purchased without the package. She may have one, maybe 2 sodas a day when on vacation so I'm not sure it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

For over 12 yrs old,,, it is the adult package. Individual sodas are $2, I believe.

Unlimited Fountain Soda
Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.
The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.
Prepaid @ $6.50 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity
and applicable taxes
Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

[quote name='cmoose']I really did try and find the answer to this on the NCL site but couldn't.
My 14 year old daughter and I are traveling on the Dawn. How much would the soda package be and [B]do we both need to have it[/B]?
How much is a soda if purchased without the package. She may have one, maybe 2 sodas a day when on vacation so I'm not sure it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

no, you don't both need to purchase it. I usually do but DH does not. Not sure it would be worth it for her if she is only drinking 1-2 per day.

Have a great cruise!

I probably will just bring some on board and have some sort of reusable cup for her to fill from the cabin and take with. Doesn't sound like the package makes sense price wise for us either way. Thanks again for the info.

We will be cruising with 2 kids and will be getting the Soda package. They don't drink a lot of soda, especially Pepsi. However, we have always told them if you put your drink down and left it or turned your back get a new one. The cost is not that much to guard against somebody dropping a little something into it or at that minimum using it as a spit cup( sorry husband dips, don't even get me started). It's truely a good practice for them to get into for college,(not the dipping).

How much is a soda if purchased without the package. She may have one, maybe 2 sodas a day when on vacation so I'm not sure it's worth it.[/quote]

I buy it every cruise for my entire party. I don't know why..habit?? My daughter doesn't drink soda (on carnival they allow juice with it too). On NCL..juice comes with breakfast. You can also get ice tea/lemonade and on occasion, some juices at the buffet all day. We mostly have lemonade with lunch, if we are on the ship....so really for the rest of us, we have a soda at dinner and MAYBE another later in the evening, but sometimes we get wine or beer, not soda! I also bring a case of water (for my sons meds in the AM) and if we are in the cabin, we will drink that rather than find a a place to refill our mug! So it makes no sense for us to get it other than the convenience of not signing for every soda, and not thinking about the cost or how many we've had when we do want one.

On the rare occasion your daughter drinks a 4th soda during the day, its only another $2.00. But like you said, she will mostly have 1 - 2 so even if its 3, you come out even. Anything below, youre saving money.

My son may drink 3 sodas a day. He's a teen so we pay the adult soda price. What I liked about the soda package was he didn't have to keep up with receipts that he is required to turn in every time he buys something. That was convenient for all of us. I believe the soda is $2.10 plus gratuity a glass. The package is $6.50 per day plus the 15% gratuity. If you are doing an excursion and will not be on the ship on port days you may need to take this into account. Between dinner and hanging out with other teens he managed to drink between 3 and 4 per day.

Sometimes they give you the can. I noticed when we were on the Sun over Christmas my son's glass was smaller than my husband's soda glass. So it appears they give more soda if you pay separately than with the soda card.

[quote name='orangegrove'] I noticed when we were on the Sun over Christmas my son's glass was smaller than my husband's soda glass. So it appears they give more soda if you pay separately than with the soda card.[/QUOTE]

That's rather annoying! A small, but lousy thing for NCL to do.

I only noticed this glass size change a couple of times. I have never noticed this in other NCL ships we've been on. At least if you pay per glass you get slightly more soda per glass. My son has unlimited refills but it is from the fountain and sometimes it doesn't taste as good because the CO2 goes out and tastes flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='ceejmaster']That's rather annoying! A small, but lousy thing for NCL to do.[/QUOTE]

I have seen this before bit I think it depends on where you are on the ship. Some spots give you a glass while other parts on deck give you a plastic cup. If you drink soda just get the card and souvenir cup and save the hassle!!!