Japan Itineraries

orgutierrez

I am trying to decide between the following two itineraries on the Diamond Princess out of Yokohama:

1. 8th July - Kyushu & Onsens

Ports:

- Kobe, Japan

- Beppu, Japan

- Kagoshima, Japan

- Jeju, South Korea

- Nagasaki, Japan

2. 17th July - Ancient Capitals

Ports:

- Kanazawa, Japan

- Maizuru, Japan

- Sakaiminato, Japan

- Busan, South Korea

- Nagasaki, Japan

Perhaps the first one would be affected by Japan's rainy season and would be less hot and the other one, would be much hotter. Anyone who has visited Japan during this time of the year can recommend me what to do? How rough can those seas get?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Oriol.

Hi Oriol,

I also posted a thread on Japan itineraries yesterday, however got no replies. My wife and I are booked on the Diamond Princess on the 8th July. We fly in on the 5th and are staying in a Hotel on Tokyo Bay for 3 nights. Although Cruise Critic has been helpful in the past for previous cruises, I think for this cruise I will not be posting any more threads. Hopefully, someone will reply to your thread with relevant information.

Either itinerary could be affected by rain or a typhoon that time of year. I would choose based on Itinerary.

We have visited Busan and Nagasaki, and that's the itinerary we would recommend for first timers.

Busan, with its fish and street market, is a great place to do on your own and experience the local culture. Where else can you see an octopus jump out of a tub of water and run away from the vendor! You can pick your fish out live and have it sent to the kitchen upstairs and they will cook it for you. Now that's a fresh lunch...Very friendly people, great prices in the markets.

Nagasaki is a really neat sail in and out of bay. We went south to the Shimabura castle and had, hands down, the best excursion meal we've ever had. Full Japanese menu and it was fantastic. The people were so friendly, the culture so interesting, the streets so clean! Love Japan and hope to return there some day...