Dream or Sunshine?

NOSaints1

No doubt to me. Definitely the Dream! Much better entertainment on the Dream!!! The Dream is the top Carnival ship for entertainment, while the Sunshine is among the worst. The Sunshine has a tiny theater with short shows that have no live music and almost no props and very few performers. The Dream has hour-long shows with live music, props, and plenty of performers; and a theater large enough to meet the demand. Dream also has the best cover band: Black Jack Band, who are currently on vacation. I've been on Dream 3 times, and would love to go again. I'm not that interested in going on Sunshine. I still eat very well on the Dream, even without Guys burgers or breakfast burritos or the extra-pay restaurants.

I have not yet sailed Sunshine but I have sailed Dream. Out of all the cruises I have been on Dream was my least favorite ship. I found it way too crowded. The buffet was always crowded and you could barely find anywhere to sit. I also found the ship bland and uninteresting. The shows were just OK. I will say that the couple that sang in the Atrium were really good, the woman's voice was amazing. My kids did really love the waterpark and the kids club were great as always. I still had a great time but do NOT think I would sail the Dream again. I have heard mixed reviews on Sunshine, but again I have never sailed her. If you have not sailed Legend out of Tampa you might want to look into it. That ship was great and run very well. My family loved Legend even the kids say it was their favorite Carnival ship even without the waterparks. Remember its all a matter of opinion some people love Dream, I was just not one of them.

We have never been on the Sunshine but have cruised once on the Dream and our next cruise is on the Dream. It is our favorite ship. We even like the Dream better than the Breeze. The shows were much better on the Dream. We originally booked an 8 night on the Dream out of Port Canaveral for this May and then they switched us to the Sunshine because of moving the Dream to New Orleans. The rooms they gave us on the Sunshine were not as good. To get rooms almost as good on the Sunshine was going to cost us more, so I switched us back to the Dream out of New Orleans. We got to keep out $50 p/p shipboard credit Carnival gave us for switching us to the Sunshine.

I have not been on the Sunshine, but I can say that we have been on the Dream three times. We will be going on her for the 4th time this fall. My daughter calls the Dream "her" ship. It is our favorite ship in the Carnival family. We absolutely love her. While the Sunshine has been redone, and I like some of the new aspects of her, I just can't get past our love of the Dream. (and yes, we have been on newer ships besides the Dream, and older ships as well).

Haven't been on the Dream, have 2 booked on her for this year. We were on the Sunshine for Christmas. Never again. Just wasn't for us. A poster above said the Dream was overcrowded. We found the Sunshine extremely overcrowded, so that worries me. Our biggest complaints about Sunshine were the Lido is tiny, the show lounge is tiny, the comedy lounge is tiny, and the crew was just ok. Usually the crew really makes our cruise, this crew, with the exception of a few, seemed like they were just unhappy or something. I wanted to sail from New Orleans this March, but we decided to wait for the Dream.