Sea Grape Beach and Calico Jacks

abisha

DH and I will be on the Breeze in May and stopping in GC. We've already done sting ray city/Rum Point on previous cruise. This time we are thinking of doing excursion that is only about 2-3 hrs long to car museum and "Hell" stop. If time permits when we get back, we may just want to head to beach for 1-2 hours and thinking about Sea Grape. My questions are:

How far from cruise ship?

Cost of Taxi pp each way

Umbrella/chair rental (I read somewhere $10 each for chair and $5 for umbrella)

For rentals...if I get there around noon-1 timeframe, will all the chairs and umbrellas be gone?

One thing I am confused about. If I go to SeaGrape, am I being dropped off at Calico Jacks? Are they one in the same or is Is Calico Jacks walking distance to Sea Grape?

Thanks!

It's about 5 miles or so.....not too far, but traffic coming BACK to the ship can be really backed up, so leave plenty of time for your trip back!

I don't remember the prices, but it was about what you've been quoted....in that general area. No worries, there are PLENTY of chairs!

Calico Jacks is the restaurant/bar on the beach....it's right there, along with restrooms, and watersport rentals.

There are buses for $2.50 pp that stop there all the time....much easier and cheaper than a cab! The bus stop is on the road, and will take you back to the tender dock.

Edited by cb at sea