Carnival Magic April 20, 2014

aj77007

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can see we have a lot of lurkers but not many saying hi. I just booked our trip and can't wait to leave. My husband and I don't always look like family but if you see us say hi we're very happy to meet other rainbow card carriers.

6dc308e5-a194-4e9f-be6c-c4dbc397a2b0.jpg?t=1396974251

Hi Yellow TJ. Welcome aboard. That makes 8 confirmed card carriers on board. We have another couple from AZ traveling with us. Well, we all kinda know what each other looks like. Now just to remember. On sail day, you will find us at a pool bar (which ever pool has the most eye candy or people to to watch...we're not picky, just easily entertained). We get on the ship as early as possible and get the bar tab started. My DH and I are from Austin. Please look for us and we'll watch for you. We like new friends.

I like that, "not picky just entertained". That stuck me as hilarious here at the end of my work day, thanks.

We live up in Dallas so it'll be an easy drive down that morning. My other sailings I did not have a balcony so I may be firmly attached to that rail for the first day. But as I say that I know I also love to people watch, so I'll keep an eye out for you.

BTW I'm Stephenie and the DH is Chaney.

Good to meet you Stephenie and Chaney! We have never sailed on this ship but it is big and we hear nothing but good things about it. And this time of year the sailing should be smooth!

Just wondering, has anyone booked any excursions? Mike and I plus our friends Mike and Troy (both flight attendants so...you know!) booked the "Barefoot Catamaran Sail & Snorkel with Lunch" in Roatan. Booked through Carnival. Only $70 per person plus the words "open bar" caught our eye. The reviews look very good for the most part. That's all we booked. No plans for Belize yet on this sail. Next sail we are doing the cave tubing thing. I know in Cozumel we like to shop (maybe I'll get that wedding ring finally?:mad:) and then hit Carlos and Charlies...hard!

We booked two off Carnival. In Belize we're doing one of the random snorkel boats that meets us at the ship and takes us out and back. In Rotan we're going to Maya Key. Sounded nice to just wonder about not on any schedule. We normally dive when we go on vacation but we decided to make this vacation the LEAST trouble possible. So no diving just snorkeling.

I've been to Cozumel a zillion times from cruise ships or long vacations for diving. If you need any tips or directions ask. We were there for just over 3 weeks last year.

Carlos and Charlies is always a blast. I've done some pretty silly things in there and coming outa there. Once I stole a man's giant barracuda on the pier momentarily for a short dance and photo op. Once back on the boat, the at that time girlfriend ... was not so happy with my fishy clothes and put drunk me and me wearing them into the shower until she was happy.

Sounds like someone has an overdue wedding ring. Hope you get one! :D

We have always wanted to learn to dive. Never have. We have a beach house, maybe you can come down and teach us.

In Belize we may just take the ferry over to Caye Caulker for the day and wander around. I understand there is somewhat of a gay bar near the docks. Don't know the name, but it has a British Flag on it. On Cozumel, we have been there a lot too so not much new there. Might rent a jeep and drive around, but will probably just shop and hang.

Almost sail time. If you find us on Sunday (check pool bars for 4 guys...you know what we look like), I'll buy you a round or two of drinks. After that, I'm getting the drink package which makes round buying hard to do.:o

In Roatan we are just doing the Zipline Express in the morning and then have the rest of the day open. Any suggestions for close by beaches or bars? We've never been to Roatan.

In Belize we are taking a 1/2 day snorkeling trip in the morning and in Cozumel we decided on Segways.

We've been to Cozumel many times and on the first cruise we took there we were all signed up for the this excursion and it was rained out.

Edited by aj77007

In Roatan there is a beach with bars and food right next to the Carnival dock. It is part of their private compound. Anyway, it is very close and nice. Good eye candy (well depends on what's on our ship) and I think you can snorkel there also. Just google map Mahogany Bay, Honduras for pics. This is the beach area there;

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/51127376[/img]

Edited by dndranchguys

Bunch of FB stalkers LOL :p It is weird that more family hasn't shown up here. On my past cruises there's been more. Honestly I kinda expected a few more just because school isn't out and the typical family with kids will be waiting a couple weeks. Kinda thought that'd lead to more couples, who normally like to find other couples to join for a drink. But now that I've got vacation syndrome I'll go stalk the FB page while at work.