Liberty Spa Deck

ata1976

We are booked in cabin 1115 on the spa deck on the carnival liberty. I'm about to change the booking to early saver and am thinking about changing cabins when I change to ES. We have never had a cabin this high up and the only reason we booked so high is the on board booking agent (when we were on fascination last year) told us it was the higher deck, the better. Although he also assured us the ship had waterworks and it does not. :rolleyes:

Has anyone Stayed in a spa deck cabin? I've googled for reviews and one said it is very noisy because it is under serenity. Then another said there is no roof on the balcony so you can't use it if it rains and it always has sun. We do have kids in camp carnival so it looks like it would be very convenient for that.

The Liberty does not have the Cloud 9 Spa that the previous poster was referring to. So a spa deck room on the Liberty does not give you any spa privileges. The booking agent you talked to was very uninformed, or they were just trying to get extra money out of you. "The higher up, the better" is a myth that dates way way back to the early days of cruising, but hasn't been true in a very long time. It's not necessarily better to be lower either. The higher up rooms are no better than lower rooms in and of themselves. That agent was obviously uninformed by telling you it had waterworks. There is one large waterslide on the ship, which uses saltwater. It is a fun slide, but no Waterworks.

Personally, I like the location of deck 2 (not under the galley) for an oceanview or interior, because of the convenient location to dining rooms, entertainment, & getting off/on the ship. For a balcony on this ship, I would recommend Deck 7. 2 decks up to the food & pools, 2-4 decks down to the entertainment & dining rooms. Plus, deck 7 will have only staterooms both above & below. Deck 11 balconies have no coverings. We had a balcony on a sister ship, room 1114, and there was no covering. But over on that side, there was no serenity above, so no noise issues. Higher up rooms can feel a bit more motion than something lower and closer to midship.

When you switch to ES, you may want to consider going down. But start off with the lowest you would think you'll want, because you cannot downgrade once you switch to ES. You can always upgrade if you later decide that you want to go back up.

Edited by k2excursion

We are booked in cabin 1115 on the spa deck on the carnival liberty. I'm about to change the booking to early saver and am thinking about changing cabins when I change to ES. We have never had a cabin this high up and the only reason we booked so high is the on board booking agent (when we were on fascination last year) told us it was the higher deck, the better. Although he also assured us the ship had waterworks and it does not. :rolleyes:

Has anyone Stayed in a spa deck cabin? I've googled for reviews and one said it is very noisy because it is under serenity. Then another said there is no roof on the balcony so you can't use it if it rains and it always has sun. We do have kids in camp carnival so it looks like it would be very convenient for that.

If when you booked it was under a rate that gave you free upgrades then the agent was probably referring to the fact that the higher up cabins cost more and therefore you were getting the best cabin for the money.

I happen to like the higher deck cabins because I like the views from up high. We don't have any problems with seasickness though. The one thing that I wouldn't like is that your cabin is on the end by the elevators and right next to the stairs which could have more noise. If staying on that deck I would see if 1101, 1103 or 1105 is available, they are further back from the elevators and wouldn't have the foot traffic.

We had a spa cabin on the Liberty back in 2008, just before they were made into balcony cabins, we loved it! I dont recall noticing any more motion than in other cabins we have had on lower decks.

We have just booked the Liberty for Christmas 2014 and as the upgrade was included in the price we have chosen a spa cabin again, we like the location of it, and now with 2 older children being able to use the showers in the spa will be a plus for us.