Windsurf 2006 Questions

laughoutloud

I'm dreaming of sailing on the Windsurf next July Lisbon- Barcelona. or vice versa. We just did the NCL Dawn w/the kids:eek: and I'm realizing that my husband likes to RELAX while onboard and the Windsurf seems perfect. This time around it will be just the 2 of us (sort of a pre- 10th anniversary present.) :rolleyes:

I have a few questions:

How soon should I make the booking? When do the Signature Cruises for 2006 come out? Any tips on where I can find the best rates?

And finally, I know the ship is "casual elegant" - we're just regular folks - 29yo & 41yo - will we fit in?

Thanks.

Maryann

I'm dreaming of sailing on the Windsurf next July Lisbon- Barcelona. or vice versa. We just did the NCL Dawn w/the kids:eek: and I'm realizing that my husband likes to RELAX while onboard and the Windsurf seems perfect. This time around it will be just the 2 of us (sort of a pre- 10th anniversary present.) :rolleyes:

I have a few questions:

How soon should I make the booking? When do the Signature Cruises for 2006 come out? Any tips on where I can find the best rates?

And finally, I know the ship is "casual elegant" - we're just regular folks - 29yo & 41yo - will we fit in?

Thanks.

Maryann

To answer your last question first, yes you will fit in. Everyone is very friendly on the Windstar line and you will have no problems "fitting in".

As for the best price, it depends if you are comfortable making your own reservations or if you need guidance. If you want to make your own reservations there are many internet agencies that will make whatever cruise reservations you want - but will not make suggestions. In fact the one internet agency that we have used does everything by e-mail. Since we know what we want this works out great. We get the cruise we want at the lowest price.

I believe the board guidelines prohibit stating a specific agency unless the information is specifically asked for so I don't believe I can tell you who we used. Your best bet is to ask for quotes from various agencies and see who gives the best price. You can then do a search on the various boards and see if you can get any additional information on that agency.

As for booking, I would book as soon as possible. You get the best choice of cabin and if the price goes down you can get the lower price.

Have a good trip.

Congratulations on getting a 29 year old husband. Do you find him to be mature enough? Anyway, you will find the atmosphere of the ship pleasingly informal as to dress; no one wears a suit; it really seems silly to "dress up" when you're on a sailing ship. Also I think the Windstar ships are among the most romantic afloat.

Wait till you and Granmpa get out on the deck at night, when the ships lights are out and the sky is clear and filled with stars; if you don't feel romantic then you might as well sale on Carnival and have pillow fights with your kids!

LOL...

2006 sailings have been released. I rec'd my copy via mail last week. Biggest disappointment for next year is that all cruises in Europe are 7 days with exception of 1, 14 day (either Rome to Rome or Nice to Nice (can't remember).

Having just returned from a 10 day (Athens to Rome) I can tell you that there seemed to be more young couples (30ish) on board than any Windstar cruise I have been on before. Good news is that most everyone gets along fabulously right from the start. As always we met extremely enjoyable/ interesting people of all ages.

I love Windstar for it's Casually Elegant theme, although on this cruise, they had a big problem with the dress code. I know that the Hotel Mgr in Training tried to correct, but this was a determined group of travelers who insisted on jeans most every night for the dining room. I know much was made about it and hopefully it was just an isolated incidence. Windstar has the most relaxed dress code in the luxury cruise category, just don't want to see it changed.

Great idea to renew vows. We did on our 25th. Captain officiated on the bow of the ship. Very romantic

LOL...

I love Windstar for it's Casually Elegant theme, although on this cruise, they had a big problem with the dress code. I know that the Hotel Mgr in Training tried to correct, but this was a determined group of travelers who insisted on jeans most every night for the dining room. I know much was made about it and hopefully it was just an isolated incidence. Windstar has the most relaxed dress code in the luxury cruise category, just don't want to see it changed.

I also hope that Windstar "holds the line" on the dress code. In my opinion, jeans are not appropriate attire for the dining room.

Archived