How Many Nights Aboard Ships?

aaannnthony

How Many Nights Aboard Ships?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Nights Aboard Ships?

• 15 days or less; do not post for zero!
    • 16 to 50
    • 51 to 100
    • 101-200
    • 201-400
    • 401-999
    • 1,000 and more; if more, please post the number!

Hi aanthony trust you and your wife are keeping well. wow what a task working out the number of nights on board I have tried and the best I can come up with is somewhere between 320 and 350 spread over quiet some time.

regards

JimGib

Claudia

Because I knew I would have trouble remembering things like that, I long ago started a log of my cruises:

Ship

Month & Year

Deck & Cabin Number

Area (rough Itinerary)

# of nights.

Has helped refresh the memory (mostly good) many times.

We have about 380 nights about ships on 30 different cruises/european river boat trips. Early on we took 7 and 10 trips but now we don't go on anything less than 3 weeks. It's just not worth the packing, long flights etc. We are older and don't adjust as quickly to time changes. We've been on two 50 day cruises (One on R1 from Bangkok to Athens in 2001) and have a trip on the Volga for 29 days leaving on Sept 20,06. On our 50th wedding anniversary two years ago I wanted a 50 day cruise but could only find two back to back 25 day cruises on the Cunard Caronia from So. Hampton to Capetown and back. Different ports in each direction.

artie

My wife has it all on a computer spreadsheet.....dates, ship, days cruising, cabin#, max.pax, gross tonnage, full itinerary, etc. Same for land vacations.

Every vacation, or, few days away, is well documented.

Michael (Druke I), we are exactly 10% ahead of you with 403.

I think an overnight on a ferry counts! Two of my Alaskan cruises were on Stardancer, which was a converted Baltic ferry. She later became Viking Serenade of RCI, and now sailing as Island Escape, I think.

I count three nights on a US Navy nuke missile cruiser, USS Texas, CGN 39, on a "tiger cruise", Alameda NAS to Seattle Wash., before she was laid up and decommissioned.

I was a galley slave in a past life; logged 277 days before I was freed; I also have spent numerous days floating in my home pool, and a few on various "sloops" on Lake Michigan. Does that count?

Archived