Thomson cruise event

I received an invitation from Thoms to attend their cruise event today. Having been browsing the brochure I suggested to Hubs that perhaps we would pop along to see what they were offering. Now perhaps I am very naive but I expected there to be some incentive to book whilst there. I had already looked at the Panama/Cuban Fusion itinerary, got a feel for the prices and discussed it with the Hubs. We decided that it's the one we would like to do so sat down with the sales rep and booked there and then. You know how the sales jargon goes ... "these prices are only available today" ... Surprise, surprise we ended up paying £18 more than we would have done by booking online!! I feel slightly peeved that we travelled 30 miles for something we could have done from home for slightly less. Something to bear in mind in future methinks :confused:

Edited by Pee0305

I received an invitation from Thoms to attend their cruise event today. Having been browsing the brochure I suggested to Hubs that perhaps we would pop along to see what they were offering. Now perhaps I am very naive but I expected there to be some incentive to book whilst there. I had already looked at the Panama/Cuban Fusion itinerary, got a feel for the prices and discussed it with the Hubs. We decided that it's the one we would like to do so sat down with the sales rep and booked there and then. You know how the sales jargon goes ... "these prices are only available today" ... Surprise, surprise we ended up paying £18 more than we would have done by booking online!! I feel slightly peeved that we travelled 30 miles for something we could have done from home for slightly less. Something to bear in mind in future methinks :confused:

A bit Deja vu here, we did exactly the same as you:D:D. Went down to our local hotel and had a chat with the sales rep. Were told the price, asked her to check the web price just to see if there was any difference. Price came back the same. So much for a cruise sale:confused:. So we're going to Jamaica aswell:D:D.

Very similar experience, we booked early at Thomson shop - ok got free AI, have checked it online a it's now hundreds of pounds cheaper including buying AI.

Very little point booking early, been in touch with Thomson the answer being tough.

I got my maths wrong. It isn't £18 dearer its just over £150 dearer than online!! I tweeted Thomson Cares and their reply is …

"We recommend customers book at a price they're happy with."

Well of course but do they expect us to carry the internet with us and double check prices ourselves whilst sitting with their sales rep? Not impressed … not impressed at all ggrrrrrrrr :mad: