Beach Question

dcikon2

We are looking for a nice beach to spend a few hours. We visited Cockelshell Beach on our last trip and had a good time. I would like recommendations on a nice white sand beach that rent umbrellas and chairs.

Thanks,

Gary

It sounds like this is a large beach with many restaurants. Can someone tell me how far this is from where the cruise ship dock and the cost of a taxi? Thank you

South Friars beach is about a 10 minute cab ride, the taxi cost us $14 each way. And that's $14 for the van load, so maybe find some fellow passengers that are going and split the cost :)

Barry

It sounds like this is a large beach with many restaurants. Can someone tell me how far this is from where the cruise ship dock and the cost of a taxi? Thank you

From my research it sounds as if beach is framed with Carambola Beach Club at one end and Shipwreck Bar on the other and a lot of little tiki type bars in between. We are looking forward to going there in May. We have reserved chairs and umbrellas at the Carambola Beach Club which is a bit more upscale, while Shipwreck on the other end is more rustic, but also has great reviews. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. I will report back upon our return.:)

I was at Carambola Beach Club 3 weeks ago, and it was my favorite beach spot of the trip, and probably of all ports I've been. I was sitting next to a couple from the ship, and the woman and I kept looking at each other throughout the day and commenting on how perfect it was. It's nice and quiet, and absolutely gorgeous. I did not try the food, but they have rave reviews for it. Enjoy!

We have been to S. Friars beach. It is not large. I don't remember what the color of the sand was. The beach is clean, and the water is very very clear. There is a small bar called the Shipwreck. The shade come from palapas(thatched roof things) You can snorkel there. The also rent equipment. At about 10:00 they put out chicken parts, and the mongoose come out of the hills and eat. A little while later they put out bananas, and family groups of monkeys come out. Kinda Cool.

We will be on the Explorer in March and our stop at St Kitts is on March 17th. We would like to share a cab for this 20 minute trip. We go in the morning and come back to the ship about 1:00 PM.

Doughball

We will be on the Explorer in March and our stop at St Kitts is on March 17th. We would like to share a cab for this 20 minute trip. We go in the morning and come back to the ship about 1:00 PM.

Doughball

Dough....have you been posting on the Meet & Mingle board for that cruise on the 11th? Seems there will be a good turnout from the ship at St Friar's.

From my research it sounds as if beach is framed with Carambola Beach Club at one end and Shipwreck Bar on the other and a lot of little tiki type bars in between. We are looking forward to going there in May. We have reserved chairs and umbrellas at the Carambola Beach Club which is a bit more upscale, while Shipwreck on the other end is more rustic, but also has great reviews. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. I will report back upon our return.:)

Do you mind me asking how you reserved?

We have been to S. Friars beach. It is not large. I don't remember what the color of the sand was. The beach is clean, and the water is very very clear. There is a small bar called the Shipwreck. The shade come from palapas(thatched roof things) You can snorkel there. The also rent equipment. At about 10:00 they put out chicken parts, and the mongoose come out of the hills and eat. A little while later they put out bananas, and family groups of monkeys come out. Kinda Cool.

Doughball

We will be on the ship at the same time. If you have room, we would like to go along and share a cab with your group. Let me know,

-Jim