cruise critic

akel

I believe the moderators are volunteers. Some funding may come from the merchandise they sell, or the advertisments at the top of the page. I'm pretty sure NCL doesn't fund them at all, since they have no formal agreements with them like they do other cruise lines (for their meet & mingles).

Can someone explain how this board is funded? Who, for example, pays the moderators? Who is paying for the hosting of the site?

No problem paying the moderators - they work for free :eek:

Who pays for hosting - the ads !!!!

Don't think anyone is getting rich hear. :rolleyes:

Can someone explain how this board is funded? Who, for example, pays the moderators? Who is paying for the hosting of the site?

Ads, ads, ads.

The moderators are not paid.

The owners of the site pay for the hosting. I don't know this for a fact, but who ELSE would pay for it?

Pay? What's that? LOL I'm not paid. But I like the idea of being paid. :D I don't know the answers for sure but I'd guess that the advertisements pay for the site. Write the board administrator at community@cruisecritic.com. She can answer your questions. Also, CC is part of the much larger Independant Traveler. Maybe that's where funding comes from? I don't know for sure. I do know for sure that the cruise lines don't pay for it unless they're included in the advertisers.

Archived