Rci or Celebrity?

NOSaints1

My wife and I are in our 30s just wondering what's better celebrity or Royal, celebrity seems more relaxed but would it be a good fit for us, who just like to relax. Is there enough for us to do, we're not into speciality restaurants so does it have lots of free restaurants?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity ships have the main dining room and buffet restaurants included. Plus a grill where they offer burgers and hotdogs etc. Room service is also included apart from late at night when there is a small charge. We are in our late 20's and prefer celebrity

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Neither is better, just a little different. I think most young people would enjoy RCCL more. RCCL can be as relaxing as you want, but also offers more activities. Entertainment in the main theatre and lounges are similar, except for the ice show on certain RCCL ships

We are in our late 30s and enjoy the Celebrity product. We mainly cruise for the relaxation and there was plenty for us to do. We met other people that were around our age and a few younger than us. Except for Disney, we don't attend any of the shows while on a cruise ship so I can't comment on that.

Unless you go during school vacations, the age demographics on the two lines will be about the same. Celebrity I found had a lot more free food places than Royal. There's the MDR, buffet, and a cafe that the two have in common. And then for Celebrity there's also the AquaSpa Cafe and the pool grill with burgers, hotdogs, and fries. The room service is also free 24 hrs on Celebrity and is free 5am-midnight on Royal.

I'm in my 20's and I actually like Celebrity a lot better. I love the shows on Celebrity--lots of broadway, a magician, acrobats and contortionists, a cappella and classical musicians, while on Royal there were more oldies played every night. I also love the beautiful spaces on Celebrity. More modern art museum and less amusement park. And of course, the food is spectacular. Having a great meal to look forward to every night is a big reason why I cruise, and while Royal is okay, Celebrity always exceeds my expectations.

Edited by cibumcupio

My wife and I are in our 30's and just took our second Celebrity cruise last month. The demographics are older but I loved both of my Celebrity cruises and booked the Reflection for this November. We also like Royal too and we're sailing on the Liberty of the seas next week. I'm hooked on Celebrity and they will always be my first choice when looking at cruising. I didn't bring any formal wear so on those two nights we ate in Qsine and the buffet the other night.

Oh and WHO DAT!! huge saints fan in South FL.

I think the food is very good. Best food we've had on the four different cruiselines we sail. I ate a few burgers and hot dogs for lunch at the mast grill. The burgers are outstanding but Guy's burgers on Carnival are a little better to me. You can't go wrong with Celebrity, also if you book by the end of this week you'll be able to get a free beverage package if that's your thing.

how is the food? In the MDR and buffet? Do they have sandwiches, burgers that sortve thing?

Forums

To us the selections in the MDR were very good, also in the buffet. Mast Grill does burgers and dogs the best we have had at sea. Great sandwiches at the Porch and Bistro.

I imagine they serve Coke? My DW and I don't drink alcohol, so what would be the price of a pop package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Take a look at http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

This will give you the different options and packages

NoSaints, we're Celebrity fans and considerably older than you. But reading your comments on this thread, I can't help but think you and DW need to consider NCL.

In addition to the specific things you've already stated you enjoy and don't enjoy, NCL offers some terrific itineraries and cheaper prices than celebrity.

If food is not a critical pleasure for you (and from what you are describing, it's not), NCL offers a great casual, relaxing product. (We would sail them more often, but food is DEFINITELY important to us.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

We just returned from The Reflection and thought there were A LOT of older to old people (and were in our 50's). It really depends on each cruise what age group will be there. Our two others were in April and definitely a younger crowd. It doesn't really matter to us though. Celebrity is nice in that you are not bothered by tons of announcements for bingo, art auction, etc, just a 10:00 am announcement by the Captain from the bridge. Also, you are not bothered every three minutes by a waiter asking if you want a cocktail. You will not find the rock climbing wall, flowrider, zip line or ice rink like you will find on RC, so if you think you want to be that active go with RC. We actually liked the Allure more for the action and the Reflection for relaxation.

As far as soda goes, bring a case (or two) of your own. Put a luggage tag on it and the porter will deliver it to your cabin along with your luggage. Bring a soft-sided cooler and have your room steward keep it filled with ice for your soda. Don't forget to pack your coozies and/or an insulated cup (or buy one onboard or in port).

We didn't bring dress clothes this time. I wore a sundress with a light sweater and DH wore khaki pants with a dress shirt (no tie) or a caribbean type shirt.

Happy cruising!! :cool: