Help! Outlet question

kthill

We are leaving in the morning and I'm finishing packing. 2 questions:

1 - I thought I had a power strip to take and all I can find is a big honking surge protector. :eek: We have a battery charger for the digital camera and an Ipod charger, will there be enough outlets in the room for those so I don't have to take the BH surge protector?

2 - Last year we dressed up to embark, it's going to be so hot in NOLA and I'm wondering if my DH and DS's can were nice shorts?

I took only a .99 extenstion cord that had a couple of outlets.... I charged my camera, phone (used that for the clock) and also used the extension cord for my own hair dryer all at once ..... the extension cord took up a lot less space!

Shorts are good, nice or not. Can even wear shorts to dinner the first night!

I bring a three-conductor extension cord.

Really only one outlet in cabin, although there will be one in the bathroom labeled razors only. That one will probably only be active if the bathroom light is on.

Thank you for the help. I'll keep looking for an extension cord, we must have one somewhere and they will be happy they can wear short the first day. You are great! Thanks again. :D

Take the surge protector, there is usually 1 outlet in the room, If youre in a suite that has a VCR with the T.V. you can pull the T.V. out some and use the outlet from the VCR. For people that use a CPAP Machine, you need to bring an extention cord also, if you dont bring one, you can get one at the Pursers office with a 20.00 return deposit.

Does anyone know if the 220 outlet is seperate from the 110 outlet or do they share the same general space (ie: use a plug adapter for my laptop and Nikon D70 battery charger since they autosenses voltage) and leave the 110 for my fan and possibly video camera charger.

Michael

Bring extention cords, for extra outlets

1. laptop

2. still camera

3. toothbrushes (2)

4. video camera

5. fan

6. noise machine

7. PDA

8. cell phones (2)

9. crok pot

10. Alarm clock

Need about 12 outlets

1. laptop

2. still camera

3. toothbrushes (2)

4. video camera

5. fan

6. noise machine

7. PDA

8. cell phones (2)

9. crok pot

10. Alarm clock

Need about 12 outlets

Do you have an electric kitchen sink? :D

1. laptop

2. still camera

3. toothbrushes (2)

4. video camera

5. fan

6. noise machine

7. PDA

8. cell phones (2)

9. crok pot

10. Alarm clock

Need about 12 outlets

Perhaps we need a "check your gagets at the door" cruise. Of course, how then would we brush our teeth and shave?!;)

Not sure about all Carnival ships, but this is representative of my experiences:

37G7UAhBVrgP1l30rCcpB6CcTwgH4kgz0300.jpg

Which ship was that Zydeco? Thanks for the pic. I'll bring a power strip just in case, but otherwise I'll just bring a Euro plug adapter for my camera and laptop. It will be less of a mess then dealing with a power strip! Now I just have to remember where my adapters are from my last trip to Europe.

Michael

Which ship was that Zydeco? Thanks for the pic. I'll bring a power strip just in case, but otherwise I'll just bring a Euro plug adapter for my camera and laptop. It will be less of a mess then dealing with a power strip! Now I just have to remember where my adapters are from my last trip to Europe.

Michael

Valor, but the same on any of the Conquest class ships. Just not sure of the older ships. Too many brain cells ago.

Valor, but the same on any of the Conquest class ships. Just not sure of the older ships. Too many brain cells ago.

I'll be on Valor, so definitly a good thing.

I know what you mean, I don't remember most thing about my cabins on previous cruises, especially an outlet. Thank goodness you took a pic :D

Michael

Crock pot? what for, queso at midnight? :p how about adding a Glade Plugin - DH, DS and DS will also be in the room :rolleyes:

1. laptop

2. still camera

3. toothbrushes (2)

4. video camera

5. fan

6. noise machine

7. PDA

8. cell phones (2)

9. crok pot

10. Alarm clock

Need about 12 outlets

I take a tiny little adapter for the outlet in the cabin. It's about 3" long, has places for three appliances, and no 'cord' to deal with. Just plugs into the outlet. A whopping .79 at WalMart.:)

Archived