Carnival Imagination 4 day cruise

abigailsgma

We will be on the Imagination in June and wanted to see if anyone had any sample menu's or funtimes for this trip? Also how old do you have to be to go into the dance clubs? I will be with my 18 year old son and wanted to see if he can go in with me, of course he does not drink ;). Anyone who has done this trip recently from Long beach if you could provide any info it would be awesome.

We will be on the Imagination in June and wanted to see if anyone had any sample menu's or funtimes for this trip? Also how old do you have to be to go into the dance clubs? I will be with my 18 year old son and wanted to see if he can go in with me, of course he does not drink ;). Anyone who has done this trip recently from Long beach if you could provide any info it would be awesome.

I haven't sailed the Imagination but we've been on lots of Carnival cruises and I do know that your 18 year-old will be able to go into the dance clubs. At least my DS was able to go into them since he was about 12. He used to make friends at the beginning of the cruise and lots of times he and his new friends would go into the dance clubs. Unless rules have changed since we last cruised in 2012 your DS should be have no problem at all getting into them.

Sailing out of Long Beach you have to stand in line "outside". Depending on what the temperature is that day...it could either be really warm or really cool. So, I'd keep an eye on the weather and dress accordingly. When we sail out of Long Beach I usually layer what I'm wearing. Like a t-shirt with a denim jacket over it. Or a t-shirt or cotton top with a zip-up hoody over it. Later on you could use the hoody or jeans jacket at night walking on the decks outside

I hope this helps and that you and your family have a wonderful cruise.:D

Edited by mousey

Oh, I am so sorry I didn't save the FunTimes this time! We took this cruise a couple weeks ago and had a blast. Yes, the clubs let 18 and older inside and plan to dance until your feet hurt.

And then do it again the next night!

Oh, and if you happen to find Hrvoje tending bar on the Lido deck, give him a hug for us. He's awesome. And Parveen was our favorite server on the Lido deck and he's awesome too. They both made it an even better cruise with their ready smiles and cheerful greetings. Oh, and Marty in the piano bar. Find it right away and make it a destination... you won't be sorry.

Have a fabulous time!

1009339204_2014020338OnBoard.jpg.ed22a60c5f56ac2a87d06b3fb9eb45d9.jpg

1316984522_2014020441OnBoard.jpg.b99b387261096f15c9f0538a80ecd938.jpg

Thank you so much Mousey for the information on boarding and being in line outside, I would never of thought about the weather being an issue :) This is actually my fourth cruise but the first for my son. It is a graduation present for him and I know he will enjoy it, as we often take trips together. :cool:

I haven't sailed the Imagination but we've been on lots of Carnival cruises and I do know that your 18 year-old will be able to go into the dance clubs. At least my DS was able to go into them since he was about 12. He used to make friends at the beginning of the cruise and lots of times he and his new friends would go into the dance clubs. Unless rules have changed since we last cruised in 2012 your DS should be have no problem at all getting into them.

Sailing out of Long Beach you have to stand in line "outside". Depending on what the temperature is that day...it could either be really warm or really cool. So, I'd keep an eye on the weather and dress accordingly. When we sail out of Long Beach I usually layer what I'm wearing. Like a t-shirt with a denim jacket over it. Or a t-shirt or cotton top with a zip-up hoody over it. Later on you could use the hoody or jeans jacket at night walking on the decks outside

I hope this helps and that you and your family have a wonderful cruise.:D

Thank you so much for the info. He loves to dance so that is great news. I will certainly tell them you said hello and we are really looking forward to this trip, just can't wait :)

Oh, I am so sorry I didn't save the FunTimes this time! We took this cruise a couple weeks ago and had a blast. Yes, the clubs let 18 and older inside and plan to dance until your feet hurt.

And then do it again the next night!

Oh, and if you happen to find Hrvoje tending bar on the Lido deck, give him a hug for us. He's awesome. And Parveen was our favorite server on the Lido deck and he's awesome too. They both made it an even better cruise with their ready smiles and cheerful greetings. Oh, and Marty in the piano bar. Find it right away and make it a destination... you won't be sorry.

Have a fabulous time!

[ATTACH]303400[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]303401[/ATTACH]

I was on the Imagination last year and I think that the performers in Divas were the best of any of the Carnival ships, even the mega ones. Don't miss the show.

We are definitely looking forward to the shows. Hoping someone else might have the fun times / capers.

How id you all like the food in Main dinning rooms and did you use anytime dining or specific seating time?

We all thought the food was very good in the MDR and disappointed ourselves by not visiting the buffets as often as we'd planned! Breakfast buffet (who doesn't love a custom omelette?) was always good. We did have midnight pizza of course, and the soft serve was enjoyed often so everything balances out. ;)

We sailed over "superbowl weekend" and looking back should have opted for anytime dining to fit around the game. We're sailing in November (longer cruise) and have chosen anytime dining for the first time. We'll see.

V.

We were on the first four day cruise out of Long Beach. We were disappointed with the Lido food but I've heard from friends that we had a one-off experience.

Since search is down use google to search for reviews. The activities haven't changed much in 8 years.

Look for reviews of the Imagination, Inspiration and Paradise.