Comfort Inn and Suites ~ Cocoa Beach

Larlabear

We are cruising in May out of Port Canaveral and looking for a place to stay the night before and take advantage of their Park and Cruise Package.

Wondering if anyone has stayed here and what their opinion of the place and their shuttle service is.

Thank you.

We are cruising in May out of Port Canaveral and looking for a place to stay the night before and take advantage of their Park and Cruise Package.

Wondering if anyone has stayed here and what their opinion of the place and their shuttle service is.

Thank you.

We have booked this hotel for our group of 3 couples for mid March day before cruise stay and park. We searched and found good reviews in the different threads and did a site visit while in the area. It does fill up pretty quick if you need a regular room they go fast.

I don't think you will be disappointed. It also is close and has a breakfast included in price.

Hope this helps. I can give you a review when we get back if still undecided.

Thank you so much for responding so quickly! I couldn't find anything else on the threads here, but did review the hotel on trip advisor and it looked pretty good and at a reasonable price. I'd love to hear back from you after your trip. Happy Cruising to you!! ;)

Thank you so much for responding so quickly! I couldn't find anything else on the threads here, but did review the hotel on trip advisor and it looked pretty good and at a reasonable price. I'd love to hear back from you after your trip. Happy Cruising to you!! ;)

I was lucky enough to be looking before search was disabled on the boards. Just for the heck of it do a Google search for the hotel name the port name and cruise critic and see what you get.

Like Country Inn and suites Port Canaveral on Cruise Critic

Have fun!!

There are some previous reviews about comfort suites at cocoa beach. However, with search disabled they would be hard to find. They were all positive. It is because of this board and trip advisor that we are booked for their park and cruise package for May.

Also prior reviews have good marks for their port shuttles. I had asked a question about that.

I've stayed there twice now. I didn't do the park and cruise - I did the one where they provide transportation to the airport and to the port.

Very happy with the place. Is it the nicest - no - but very reasonably priced, I thought. It was clean and very close to the beach if you are interested. Free breakfast in the morning. Also the front desk guy went out of his way to find me alternate port transportation in the morning as they had me scheduled on an 11:30 shuttle I think, and I wanted to go earlier.

We stayed at this hotel in December 2012 for a 2-night pre-cruise stay. And we are staying here again on April 4th for one night prior to our cruise.

We love this hotel. They have a great courtyard area with a nice pool. Good breakfast in the morning and staff were very friendly. The rooms were quiet and comfortable

So glad to hear such great responses. I've booked us for the night before and am so looking forward to it!!

In all honesty we could drive over from St. Pete the morning of the cruise, but why do that when we can stay for just a little more than what it would cost to park at the port. We are always ready to get the vacation started!

• 5 months later...
We stayed at this hotel in December 2012 for a 2-night pre-cruise stay. And we are staying here again on April 4th for one night prior to our cruise.

We love this hotel. They have a great courtyard area with a nice pool. Good breakfast in the morning and staff were very friendly. The rooms were quiet and comfortable

I am wondering how your most recent stay was at this hotel. We are booked here in September but there are some recent reviews on Trip Advisor that are not very good at all. You mentioned that it was quiet and comfortable but I am reading just he opposite, very hard beds and paper thin walls where you can hear conversations in the rooms next door. We are just looking for a quiet, comfortable bed for one night. Thanks!

We stayed here for one night in May before our cruise. I would rate the place as 6 out of 10. It did have pros and cons. I too thought the bed was hard. Our room was quite but then I suppose it depends on the neighbors you get. I would certainly recommend if you stay you request a room on the opposite side of the lounge if your looking for quite. We were in a room that was facing the surf shop next door. The staff was wonderful... very friendly and helpful especially unusual with the number of people trying to check in at the same time. The location was great for the beach and places to eat. The price for the room and for vehicle storage while on the cruise could not be beat. My main concern about the park and cruse package that we got was that the experience of trying to get on the shuttles was a little chaotic. We were the first waiting and it seemed like the last to get on.... rude people and lack of organization for loading. That could easy be improved with some kind of number system. Would I use the park and cruise again.... yes.

Edited by Larlabear

Thanks for the information. Since you didn't mention it, I will assume you did not see any roaches or palmetto bugs. A couple of reviews have mentioned that recently and I hate bugs! We lived in Miami in the 90's so I know how ugly those things are. I will probably be too excited for the cruise and won't sleep anyway! It should be fine for 1 night. I just worry because my husband is kind of particular and he would rather spend more money to be comfortable. We will have a rental car and our friends will have their own car so we won't have to deal with the shuttle.

Stayed there last year in a suite with a special deal from trip advisor and thought it was fine. I agree the shuttle boarding could have been better organized. Will be staying again in 3 weeks as we will be on the Liberty. We live in Tampa but it's so much easier to go the day before and know you dont't have to do any driving the day of the cruise. There were no special deals through trip advisor so we will be in a regular room.

I am wondering how your most recent stay was at this hotel. We are booked here in September but there are some recent reviews on Trip Advisor that are not very good at all. You mentioned that it was quiet and comfortable but I am reading just he opposite, very hard beds and paper thin walls where you can hear conversations in the rooms next door. We are just looking for a quiet, comfortable bed for one night. Thanks!

It was awful. We woke up the next morning to ants all over the table where our clothes were laying. I won't be staying there again.

It was awful. We woke up the next morning to ants all over the table where our clothes were laying. I won't be staying there again.

Well that was enough to tip the scale. My DH said book something else and pay the extra. So I have booked a suite at the Residence Inn. The reviews are awesome and this way he won't be nervous about the room. We were able to go from 2 rooms to 1 suite so it wasn't too much of an increase. And it our friends stay with CI, we won't be too far away so it will be just fine.