Blue Mountain Coffee

crazychuckie

Where is the best place to get Blue Mountain Coffee near the OR port? Have you tried it is it good? My MIL is a big coffee drinking and I would like to surprise here and get some for Christmas when we are there in October.

You can buy it at many stores at the Ports. We buy the whole bean kind and it really is the best in the world. Bring back some for your boss, and you will be the hit of the office! I have brought it back a few times for my family and we all LOVE it.

Just something to consider: Blue Mountain sells their coffee on their website, and the shipping isn't unreasonable. If you are flying back home after the cruise and are concerned about weight or space in your luggage, you might want to save that space for items you cannot easily purchase online. Only my two cents... :)

We haven't been there before, so I can't speak for pricing online vs in person - just general advice about items you can get easily at home vs at the shop. You may indeed have a very valid point - it is possible that they have a sale going on, special "tourist" versions of their coffee or some other special.

My warning comes from this past experience: several years ago we cruised the Mexican Riviera, stopping in Cabo San Lucas. We went to the Cabo Wabo Cantina and I saw an awesome looking bottle of Blue Agave Tequilla. I purchased it and - since we drove to/from the port - it was easy to get home. Now fast forward 2 weeks after the cruise and we are shopping in Costco. Guess what I found for 50% less....the exact same bottle of Cabo Wabo Tequilla.

Now, we try to make sure any clothes or souvenirs, whatever we get on a trip is something unique/special to that trip - something that you simply cannot get online, and something that will remind us of the great time we had.

Your mileage may vary - this is strictly just my opinion. The most important thing: have a wonderful time! :)

No worries i completely understand. I'll hit the site before I go and print out a price sheet to compare.

Totally with you on the unique items. We have a carved wooden hollow apple from Roatan and hand carved turtle from Belize. We love unique stuff as well. Thanks for the heads up as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk