Does anyone have an email address for complaints dept at Celebrity?

FelexRabbit

I've found out I'm pregnant and will hit my 24th week the day before we are due to get back (from our cruise). The very unhelpful lady at customer services said we could not disembark early to prevent me being on board during my 24th week but could not suggest any alternative. As we have paid if we cancel I am pretty sure we lose everything.

Would just really like to speak to someone who can help and as time is of the essence reluctant to send a letter so was hoping somebody might have an email address contact?

Edited by FelexRabbit

Congratulations!:):):)

Corporate Guest Relations Department:1-800-256-6649

Or if you go to the bottom of the page on the website, look for Customer Support-Contact Us. There's an option for emailing under "Have a Post Cruise Question or Comment?" but I think it'll work for pre-cruise questions as well.

If you've cruised with Celebrity before, you could try Captain's Club at 1-800-760-0654, or email captainsclub@celebrity.com-- CC is often more helpful than the regular customer service idjits.

Final payment is generally not due until 75 days before the cruise, or about 11 weeks. Add, say, two weeks for the cruise, and the math says you'd be about 13 weeks along when final is due. If you're earlier than that, you can still get a full refund even if you paid in full.

Otherwise, disembarking early would seem to be a solution, but they can't sell it that way. This means it's on the books that you would be on the ship just into your 24th week. If it is physically possible, the ports might not allow it if, for example, you're on a Pacific Costal cruise and you want to get off in a US port-- that violates the Passenger Vessel Services Act.

Are the dates cast in stone? Maybe your doctor can revise the date by a couple of days, if there's the possibility conception actually may have occurred a couple of days after what you figure. Otherwise, I don't know if there is a solution.-- rules is rules, and there are liability issues involved. Much as they would like to accommodate you, their hands are tied.

I assume this is for a North American booking-- info for other travelers may be different

Edited by PartyAllDaTyme
North American booking

By chance, could you sail one week prior to what you currently have scheduled??

X's website says:

Celebrity Cruises cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or Cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The "Fit to Travel" note should be faxed to the Access Department at 1-954-628-9622. If you have already booked a cruise or Cruisetour and do not meet this requirement, please call us at 1-866-592-7225.

Maybe you could call them???

Edited by CaroleSS

This is one rule that is laid in stone. You don't say where you are but if in the U.S. or Canada, you either need to move your cruise or cancel.

There is nothing to complain about in this case. They don't make exceptions and you will need to prove not only your time but a letter from your doctor stating you are OK to travel.

I'm in the UK.

I'm not complaining as they won't change the rule for me(!) I would like someone to actually advise about our options which the lady we spoke to did not and we need to sort it out quickly.

Thanks to the other posters for your replies.

Sorry - I thought you wanted to complain about not having an exception made. And since you're in England you have a bigger issue with the fact they don't allow refunds. Do you have insurance? I would assume that should cover you or move the cruise a couple of weeks as it is they who have said you cannot sail.

But congratulations anyway.

Unless I'm misreading your post, it sounds like you want to get off the ship when you are 23 weeks and 6 days pregnant instead of getting off when you are 24 weeks and 0 days pregnant.

I can't imagine that one day makes a difference in the health and/or development of the baby. Heck, most of the time the due date (and the conception date) are just an educated guess anyway.

Sail as planned and enjoy it!! :)

Read CaroleSS's post. OP needs a note from her doctor that she's fit to travel, which would include how far along she is. It may be an "educated guess", if the, shall we say, opportunity for conception was during a range of several days. If she's already reported to her OB that it had to have happened on a specific day, it would be fraudulent to represent otherwise at this point. It would also be fraudulent to now claim no pregnancy. Since she's already been in contact with X about this, she can't take it back now, in any case.

...Sail as planned and enjoy it!! :)

I can't believe this would work out well at all! If the OP is "showing" at all then the check-in people will want to see the documentation required in their policy. Some things can't be hidden. I also don't recall if there is a question about this in any of the pre-cruise paperwork (either advance or at the dock) but if there is then I don't believe it would be proper to supply a false answer.

Edited by Lsimon

I can't believe this would work out well at all! If the OP is "showing" at all then the check-in people will want to see the documentation required in their policy. Some things can't be hidden. I also don't recall if there is a question about this in any of the pre-cruise paperwork (either advance or at the dock) but if there is then I don't believe it would be proper to supply a false answer.

I wasn't suggesting anyone provide a false answer. I'm guessing the OP would be showing, but if she really must cruise that week, I'd push back on the doctor to write the proper documentation to avoid any issues. Again, due dates are estimates, in my eyes changing the estimate by a day does nothing that would effect anybody's health!

But I do agree with other posters that changing the cruise by a week or so would be a good idea. If the OP is worried about it, that's reason enough to change!

It's not the weeks from the due date, it's the weeks into the pregnancy. I recall in the 1940's or so when we were expecting, DW's OB asked about where she was in her monthlies and if we had any "opportunity" between day this and day that. We had only happened to have had the one time, so start counting from then. No estimation was needed. It's a fixed number. If OP is in the same situation, there's no room for error. Liability insurance is going to say if a pregnant woman is on board at any time during her 24th week of pregnancy, there'll be no coverage if something happens and she sues the cruise line.

Getting back to the idea of getting off the ship at week 24 day 0, I would then also think that the insurance is written such that it will not cover any portion of the cruise-- it would be an exclusion. This is the reason the language says "cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or Cruisetour." They would not be covered for liability starting from Day 1 of the cruise, even if the guest is not quite yet 24 weeks along.