Drinks in the Dining Room (non-alcoholic)

MoreMouse

I don't usually drink anything that they serve for free during dinner in the MDR. Is it okay to bring my own drink from our room? I have a Tervis cup that I can pre-fill before we go.

Just wondering. I usually order a Sprite or something during dinner, but if I can bring my own Sprite I will. I just don't want to look like an idiot. ;)

I don't usually drink anything that they serve for free during dinner in the MDR. Is it okay to bring my own drink from our room? I have a Tervis cup that I can pre-fill before we go.

Just wondering. I usually order a Sprite or something during dinner, but if I can bring my own Sprite I will. I just don't want to look like an idiot. ;)

I have seen people bring them before. I have also seen people bring their can or bottle and pour it in a cup of ice.

Do what YOU want to do, not what others may or may not find "tacky". Some of the people posting here cruised on the Titanic and still believe a tuxedo is required to dine in the MDR and everybody that wears less is a third class passenger.

Y

Do what YOU want to do, not what others may or may not find "tacky". Some of the people posting here cruised on the Titanic and still believe a tuxedo is required to dine in the MDR and everybody that wears less is a third class passenger.

Y

Ha, that's funny. My great, great grandmother may have sailed on the Titanic, but I am no where even close to being that old. It's pretty tacky of you to insinuate such. I stated my personal opinion and did not personally attack or disrespect anyone with my post. Your post was uncalled for and just mean spirited.

Edited by Rena921

If you bring your own soda, I would take it in the can/bottle and get a glass of ice there. IMO, a Tervis Tumbler on nice table in the MDR is tacky.

That would be my impression as well.

I have carried my own glass of wine in with me that I was drinking. I have seen others carry in cans of coke and receive a glass of ice.

I have not ever seen anyone carry their tervis tumbler to the MDR.

Could you do it? Sure. But if you are concerned about appearances, I would not do it.

I say do as you please. Its you vacation. I always bring my own glass of wine. I have no idea if others bring cans of soda or tumblers. I don't look at others tables. I think that would be more tacky then anything. Enjoy your vacation your way!

This is funny becuase I am sitting here thinking back and I don't think I look at others tables either. I personally wouldn't bring a travel mug to the table but I do bring my own wine in a glass to the dinning room. Sometimes I have white wine in a 'red wine' glass and I wonder if other look at it and think it is 'unclassy' but then I give my head a shake becuase I don't really care what others think!

Thanks guys! I appreciate hearing everyone's opinion. I think I've decided it would just look better to order my drink from the server. What the heck, I need to use my bar obc anyway. I unfortunately can't take the "looks" from strangers. It would make me feel uncomfortable. That's just me though. :rolleyes: My husband would say that he could care less what anyone thought about it. I'm too OCD. :)

LOL, We take our water glass from the room, head to the lido deck, fill it with soft serve, and head to the MDR with root beer or orange soda in the other hand.

The only looks or comments we get are, "Where did you get those?"

Sure enough others will be doing it the rest of the cruise.

(After the 1st port and they pick up some root beer ;) )

We have always brought a bottle of Bon Voyage wine, one of our allowed bottles, or one we bought at the bar before dinner to the MDR, opened or unopened and never been charged a 'corkage' fee. The only time we have paid a corkage fee was in the Steakhouse for a bottle we brought from home.