Internet/wifi on the Dream

madre2

I will be on the Dream in April, and will have to contact my office a few times during the week. Will I be able to use my Ipad to hook up to wifi...or is it easier to go to the Internet area on the ship? Any idea what the cost is for either? Or what everyone suggests would be better? I would not be needing many minutes, other than I know the internet is slow onboard. I just have no idea which option would be better. Thanks.

On our last Dream cruise my sister and I both used the wi-fi on our tablet/ipad with no problem...you already said it that it will be slow but I didn't notice it being any slower than the internet cafe :-) hope this helps you. I got the smallest package as I didn't need to do anything but check for emergency e-mails lol. A word to the wise though...make sure you log off your session or it still continues to use your minutes...found that out the hard way.

Edited by julesnic96

I used my iPad daily, only used my laptop when having to connect in to a client's network etc.

It worked well, slow, but I was prepared for that so no complaints.

Just remember to logout when done, billing is by the minute.

On another note, in the next few years the connection will be upgraded fleet wide, allowing for faster connections, cheaper internet and unlimited (single device) packages. I think when they were testing the equipment a few months back the unlimited package was $110 for 7-day cruise, only one device could be logged in per account.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app