Seattle hotel

csr10236

This hotel is 7-8 minutes away from the airport but a good half hour from downtown Seattle.

Do you have a late night arrival to Seatac then headed to the pier in the morning? If you're just looking for a place to crash for one night, I guess this location is as good as any of airport hotels.

There's a Hampton Inn near the Seattle Center. You can catch the monorail at the Seattle Center and be downtown in 2 minutes. ... do a little sightseeing before you go the pier.

Edited by mapleleaves

I am beginning to think that picking the cruise was easier than picking a hotel the day before the cruise. Has anyone stayed at Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Center?

We get into Seattle at about 1pm the day before the cruise so I don't know that we will do much sightseeing, plus have been to Seattle previously. Would love a downtown hotel, but expense too much for just a day along with the cruise.

Can't review the quality of the Quality Inn (pardon the pun!) but IMO a just-as-well-if-not-better-located and cheap hotel is the Mediterranean Inn - the QI, Travelodge & BW in that little clump are right by Aurora which is a very, very busy road (it's on a lower level at that point so the noise is moderated, but it's awkward to get across on foot due to the different levels).

The Med is over on Queen Anne, much closer to various restaurants, bars etc. Downside is no AC in the regular rooms, but depending which time of year you're cruising that may not be an issue for you (and their deluxe rooms do have AC). It's probably a couple of minutes walk longer to the monorail station than the QI, but you get to walk through the nice 'campus' below the needle with the fountain, science centre, theatres etc. most of the way. An extra five minutes on foot to most downtown things, but gentler slopes as you're mostly going along the face of the hills rather than up.

I am beginning to think that picking the cruise was easier than picking a hotel the day before the cruise. Has anyone stayed at Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Center?

We get into Seattle at about 1pm the day before the cruise so I don't know that we will do much sightseeing, plus have been to Seattle previously. Would love a downtown hotel, but expense too much for just a day along with the cruise.

I haven't stayed there but checked it out for someone last summer. It's a 70's looking place on the outside but they were renovating the interior last yr. Looked fine to me, and the person I checked it out for, said it was fine .... clean, basic, good b'fast, and easy access to the Seattle Center/space needle. She asked for a room on the side of the hotel not facing Aurora Ave ( Hwy 99) to eliminate street noise.

Read the comments on tripadvisor or expedia, travelocity, etc to get other feedback.