All the way aft Main Deck questions

redefinition

I cannot find a picture or the answer to my question ANYWHERE, believe me, I've search. I have an aft facing OV on the Magic on the 2nd deck - does anyone know if these have a view of actual water or ship parts? Also if they are super vibrate-y or loud? I've had an aft balcony before but that was on the 8th deck so I'm guessing the second deck may be a little wild...:eek: If so, I am thinking about moving cabins. If I go to the same category, does Carnival charge to move?

It is not an obstructed view. You will see ocean. As far as vibrations & rattles & movement goes, I'm not sure about the Magic. Many ships do have vibrations in the back on lower decks. The Triumph has it pretty bad, but I don't know about Magic, since I didn't stay back there. Maybe someone else knows.

If you do decide to move, there is no charge for switching rooms within the same category, even if you are booked with Early Saver. If it's an upgrade, you will need to pay the price difference, if there is one. I really like the forward rooms on deck 2, or any in the forward half of the ship. 10 elevators to use, the theater is right there, the midship dining room is right there, getting off/on the ship & debarkation is so easy.

I was in an aft view main deck cabin on the Inspiration and loved it. No issues whatsoever. No vibrations at all. Check the deck plans to see if an Emerald aft cabin is available...at least on Fantasy Class ships there is a back staircase that is very convenient.

Not sure in the Magic as we always book forward rooms, but my son's room at the aft main on the Conquest vibrated like crazy. They would lose things they knew they had placed on their bed and find them under the other bed as they had fallen off and rolled or inched across the floor... Not a room I'd pick again...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ship parts? What, like outboard motors? :p

You should be able to find photos of the exterior of any ship and see that there are no ship parts to block the view. Just windows overlooking the wake.

Yes, it can vibrate back there, especially when the thrusters are going while docking/leaving port. I'm a morning person, so that doesn't bother me as I'm usually up and at the rail watching the docking process. Leaving prot isn't an issue as it's in the late afternoon.

I prefer midship, but I'll take aft over forward. I'd rather have some vibration than have the movement you sometimes get in the bow.

We have not been on the Magic but did have a room low, all the way in the aft and it vibrated quite a bit and was a bit loud. Some people don't mind it while others enjoy it;) We said we would never do that again!