Cabana on the Getaway

GAPeach68

I am sailing with my husband on the Getaway 5/3 and it is our first NCL cruise. I am reading all about these cabanas and am really interested in getting one. Is the only way to get one to get to the terminal really early, stand in line and hope to get to the Guest Services desk earlier than everyone else? We do not have any kind of priority boarding. Thanks

I am sailing with my husband on the Getaway 5/3 and it is our first NCL cruise. I am reading all about these cabanas and am really interested in getting one. Is the only way to get one to get to the terminal really early, stand in line and hope to get to the Guest Services desk earlier than everyone else? We do not have any kind of priority boarding. Thanks

Here are some pictures of the area - the cabanas are the white shell looking things. There were only 4 or 5 available. I believe they are at the end of the pictures (I have about 19/20 in this album).

http://s37.photobucket.com/user/mimi567/library/Getaway%20Information%20by%20the%20Day/Getaway%20Vibe

I was on the 22/02 cruise, and wanted a Vibe Pass, so I got to the port early (8:30). It was pointless to be there that early, I believe I could have got there at 10:30, maybe even 11:00, and still would have been in Boarding Group 1. What counts is, spot the "To Ship" sign in the waiting area, and go stand there as soon as you get passed security/registration. They open the gates at 11:30. Then run to Deck 6 (you board at deck 7) and find the Vibe line.

In my case, I was not the first near the sign, so I was not first in the Vibe line, even if I ran. I got Vibe Pass #7 (out of 40 I think), and the cabanas were already sold out at that point.

Good luck getting the cabana, hope those few tips can help!

• 3 weeks later...
I was on the 22/02 cruise, and wanted a Vibe Pass, so I got to the port early (8:30). It was pointless to be there that early, I believe I could have got there at 10:30, maybe even 11:00, and still would have been in Boarding Group 1. What counts is, spot the "To Ship" sign in the waiting area, and go stand there as soon as you get passed security/registration. They open the gates at 11:30. Then run to Deck 6 (you board at deck 7) and find the Vibe line.

In my case, I was not the first near the sign, so I was not first in the Vibe line, even if I ran. I got Vibe Pass #7 (out of 40 I think), and the cabanas were already sold out at that point.

Good luck getting the cabana, hope those few tips can help!

Where was the Vibe line located? Is it right at the GSD?

Also where on deck 7 are you when you first board?

Edited by Sika Dellick