Norwegian Jewel good for little kids?

Just as the title says, is the Jewel good for kids? I have a 5 year old boy, and a 2 year old girl, which we are going on Jewel to Alaska in September. I was just wondering if there is much to do for little kids on this ship. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Just got off Jewel last week. It was my son's 3rd time on Jewel- he's been on it when he was 4, 6 and 8.

My kids love it. There is Nick at Sea w/ a Nickelodeon staff, lots of meet & greets, story time, craft projects pajama jam breakfast.

There is a small kiddie pool area for toilet trained kids, kid sized buffet in the front of the maim buffet.

My kids also love the Splash Academy kids club, they never want to leave!

I will let you know in 3 weeks! I will be on the Jewel out of Nola then. I have a 3 year old and 6 year old. This will be our 5th since the first was born. All on NCL. They have never been bored. However, we are doing the Western Caribbean route and the weather is warm. We spend a lot of time in the pools, on the beach, on top of the decks with bubbles. Not sure about Alaska and what they can do outside on the ship. Inside there are lots of family activities, legos, cupcake decorating, dance parties with Nickelodeon. We have never used the kids club. I hear great things but I prefer to have mine with me. Take an activity bag with some coloring books, crayons, bubbles, portable dvd player or ipad (dinners can be long) and any special snacks they just have to have but you can't get on the ship. Good luck and have a great cruise!

Donna

• 3 weeks later...

We went on Jewel when my daughter was 10 months and my niece was 2. They enjoyed Dora and spongebob. We liked that they had a little room with toys and activities for the kids who were too young for the drop off program/splash academy.