Flight from Nassau? Unique tour ideas?

jillmar

My husband and I will be in Nassau in September and we are looking for something out of the ordinary to do since we have been there so many times. I was thinking of possibly getting a flight and going to another island. I don't even know which island to choose along with which airline. Has anyone done this on their own? If you have any other suggestions for a unique Nassau excursion your ideas are greatly appreciated!:)

I can't help you with the flights but since it sounds like you have a long time in port and you're not worried about budget, you could check into a boat trip to the Exumas. There are two different ones, Powerboat Adventures and Island World Adventures.

We did the Island World trip back in October when we were staying in the Bahamas for the weekend. It was really an amazing day. If you're interested, I wrote about it in my blog (http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2013/10/riu-palace-paradise-island.html, scroll about half way down).

But I caution that I wouldn't do this tour while on a cruise unless the ship was going to be in port overnight. You never know what can happen on a boat.

Also, I would wait to book it until close to your trip so you'll know what the weather is going to be like. Apparently, the ride is sometimes really rough, although it wasn't the day we did it.

The water is truly beautiful in the Exumas.

• 1 month later...
I can't help you with the flights but since it sounds like you have a long time in port and you're not worried about budget, you could check into a boat trip to the Exumas. There are two different ones, Powerboat Adventures and Island World Adventures.

We did the Island World trip back in October when we were staying in the Bahamas for the weekend. It was really an amazing day. If you're interested, I wrote about it in my blog (http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2013/10/riu-palace-paradise-island.html, scroll about half way down).

But I caution that I wouldn't do this tour while on a cruise unless the ship was going to be in port overnight. You never know what can happen on a boat.

Also, I would wait to book it until close to your trip so you'll know what the weather is going to be like. Apparently, the ride is sometimes really rough, although it wasn't the day we did it.

The water is truly beautiful in the Exumas.

This excursion looks wonderful, could you tell me what the cost was per person? I can't seem to find any information on there site in regards to cost. Thank you

It was pricey but worth it, kind of a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We paid $200 a person. You can save 10% by booking on-line in advance. We didn't do that because we wanted to wait till we got to the Bahamas to make sure the weather was going to cooperate.