POAloha AC Category Penthouse - Question

pearlaz

We were going to take advantage of the "freestyle" concept and not take any dressy clothes. I have read on a few previous posts that those booked in owners and penthouse suites are invited to cocktail receptions. I know we can decline to attend but it might be fun which means nicer clothes. For those who have recently cruised in a penthouse suite on the Pride of Aloha, could you tell me if you were invited to receptions and if so, how many. We have cabin 8202 and would appreciate comments about this room. The pictures look wonderful and I'm sure we will enjoy it.

We stayed right next door in 8201. We met the passengers in 8202 and they toured us throught there cabin. It was very nice and was much more spacious then I thought it would be. Be careful of noise near the connecting door because we could here them in our cabin often. (They were honeymooners) I am sure they heard us too. (we are not honeymooners).

As far as the VIP captains party, most everyone attended in resort casual clothes. I wore a Tommy Bahama shirt and some Khaki pants.

The Forward facing cabins on PoAloha are very nice. I know you will have a great cruise!!

Thanks much. Resort casual - that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Regarding the connecting door, I could hear my neighbors on the Star to Alaska in May. Luckily they weren't in their cabin or on their balcony much.

We took the Diamond Princess to Mexico last year and never heard any noise from next door. Their rooms seem to be very well insulated.

Archived