Email re change in spa service question

grammaof8

Today I received an email regarding previously reserved spa service on the Silhouette sailing this Sunday. It stated those services were no longer available, the reservation cancelled and moneys returned. When I read further down in the email, it stated Canyon Ranch would be taking over as the vendor but on the Silhouette not until April. I called Celebrity to try to understand if Canyon Ranch does not take effect until April, why would the reservation with the current vendor be cancelled. After 30 minutes on hold I gave up and am hoping someone on the board might have had a similar experience and received some clarification. Any information would be appreciated!

Marilyn

Hello,

We also received notice of our cancelled Spa Treatments. NOT happy! I was on hold for over 10 min., two times, and got disconnected both times! I've written an e-mail, but no response in three days!

NOT HAPPY!

We are on the Celebrity Century on April 5th.

Good luck to both of us!

The fixtures all belong to the current provider and must all be removed and then new contractor, Canyon Ranch, has to install all new sinks, tables, decor, etc etc so that is probably at least part of the reason.

The only thing to change initially will be the staff and the prices. They are doing a one day turnover on each ship and there will be no time for remodeling until dry dock. The biggest change is the price, which will go up about 20%.

I got the same email for the same sailing. This morning I got a correction email saying that the spa appointment was not cancelled and an apology for the confusion.

Melody,

I got the same email today apologizing. I was so happy to find out my massage will still happen on Monday morning! Yeah! Vacation is almost here!!!!

Marilyn

The only thing to change initially will be the staff and the prices. They are doing a one day turnover on each ship and there will be no time for remodeling until dry dock. The biggest change is the price, which will go up about 20%.

Hi, where is the information on the 20% price increase to be found? I need to rebook for my Infinity cruise in July and would like to know the new prices.

I got the same email for the same sailing. This morning I got a correction email saying that the spa appointment was not cancelled and an apology for the confusion.

I sure hope I get an e-mail you guys got! Nothing yet...

Well, I hope for Melanie and Melody's sake that your emails are correct! Unfortunately, our facials are definitely cancelled. FINALLY, got through to Celebrity. CanyonRiver took over the Spa treatments on the Century starting today! Celebrity will not take responsibility to rebook for us. As I'm sure the price will have gone up for our facials, we will not be rebooking! I'm very disappointed in how Celebrity handled this! In fact, they are now trying to find out where our credit is! supposedly, my card was credited, but it is not!

Very unhappy right now...:(

Relax and book once on board - no need to stress or exert time and effort on this pre cruise. I have NEVER seen the spa anywhere near capacity on any of my cruises. In all likelihood you will have your choice of day/time/treatment available when you book on board AND you may find there is a special or discount being offered for onboard booking to boot. Absolutely no reason to give Celebrity an interest free loan and guarantee you are paying the highest possible fee by booking in advance.

Who said they are going up 20%? I see no evidence of that anywhere.