Someone straighten me out on water taxi terminals

overthehillcruiser

Been there twice but did not use a water taxi...Our tour started after we walked out the terminal, through the iron gate, then turned left , and left again right away into an area of offices and shops that went down to the dock where a water taxi was parked . The WT ticket office was on the right as you faced the water. So is that San Pedro or Belize water taxi ? I believe there is another terminal a little farther away ?

Edited by overthehillcruiser

That is San Pedro which we used last month. The other is further down the road a bit. Gets confusing as there seems to be a consolidation going on. But you saw San Pedro Express and they were excellent to work with!

Thanks a lot . I looked them up and that is definitely the one we walked by..Our ship will be there 8 am daylight savings time and leave at 5 PM DST, so I am certain they would want us onboard by 4:30 PM..Since Belize does not use DST they will be an hour behind, so looks like we could catch the 9 AM Belize time WT to Caulkner and return on the 1:30 Belize time boat. Sound right to you ? Last question was there any problem with crowding on the return trip, or any worries about not making it ? Really appreciate your help..:)

That is San Pedro which we used last month. The other is further down the road a bit. Gets confusing as there seems to be a consolidation going on. But you saw San Pedro Express and they were excellent to work with!

Blue water I saw another review that said the water taxi times were on ship time. But I had thought they were on local time. Do you recall which is correct? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are correct, the ferry schedule is on Belize time. We docked at 8AM ship time (7AM Belize time) last month. So we had 2 hours to catch the 9AM (Belize time) ferry to Caye Caulker.

One thing I don't know is on March 9 when we change to daylight savings here in the US will ship time change too? If so we'll be on the same time zone with Belize, correct??? :confused:

We limed at the Lazy Lizard on CC, beautiful water views and cheap drinks. The veggie burrito and the nachos were amazing, and the Lizard Juice kicked the girls' !*! :p

Ditto! LOL At $5 each, it's hard to stop after just one. DH and I split two, and that was DEFINITELY good enough for us! We had a nice visit there last week:)

Edited by JenMJM

• 2 weeks later...