Advice on getting from Venice cruise terminal to Marco Polo Airport

rl787

I have some dear friends ending a cruise at Venice in June. They are getting a flight to the UK at 11-45 and have asked if it is easy to get a taxi to the airport from the cruise terminal. I believe it is almost an hours drive. They are concerned about carrying bags to the taxi rank and queues etc.. Has anyone done this and what would your suggestions be, either taxi or possibly book a private transfer?

I would normally search the Venice forum but search is down.

Many Thanks

it's only a 15-20 minute drive to the airport.

If they can't manage their luggage easily they should probably have a taxi reserved and waiting for them. Maybe one person could stand with the luggage while the other searches for the driver. With a noon flight, they don't need to dash off the ship at the crack of dawn, but they should probably plan on meeting the car at 9am.

Check the port web site to see how many other ships are arriving that morning. I thought the pier was a zoo when we disembarked. There were many taxis about and lots of drivers standing around holding signs, but there were also several thousand passengers milling around. It was a very confusing scene. That's why it might be best to have one person stand with the luggage.

We also havea cruise from and to Venice and we decided to booka transfer with a private operator. The round trip will cost us less than 80€. We are 2 adults and a 3 years old daughter carrying 2 suitcases and a stroller.

The trip takes less than 30 minutes.

We also havea cruise from and to Venice and we decided to booka transfer with a private operator. The round trip will cost us less than 80€. We are 2 adults and a 3 years old daughter carrying 2 suitcases and a stroller.

The trip takes less than 30 minutes.

Hi Bracarense, can you share the company name who you have booked with?

Going to point you to a Trip Advisor Forum (City of Venice Forum) where this exact question was asked. :) Some VERY good information can be found on the forum, which is specific to Venice.

The link to your specifc question, which may help answer you:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k7257243-Advice_booking_a_Private_transfer_driver_to_MarcoPolo-Venice_Veneto.html

Edited by Cruisin_Greg