Which airport Houston???

If price is the same I would recommend Hobby as it is closer and will save you a few bucks on transportation to Galveston. Galveston is a real pain ($$$) for people flying into houston and getting transportation to the ports.

Hi! We are flying into Hobby for our cruise in April. Are you flying in the night before? If you are, you might be interested in the deal that the La Quinta by the airport offers. It is 179 (plus tax) for one night's stay and transport to and from the port in Galveston. After pricing out the cost of a taxi, which looks to be almost $100 each way, I think this is a GREAT deal.

Hi! We are flying into Hobby for our cruise in April. Are you flying in the night before? If you are, you might be interested in the deal that the La Quinta by the airport offers. It is 179 (plus tax) for one night's stay and transport to and from the port in Galveston. After pricing out the cost of a taxi, which looks to be almost $100 each way, I think this is a GREAT deal.
I have seen that on the boards it is A good deal however we want to explore Galveston Thank you though:)

I have seen that on the boards it is A good deal however we want to explore Galveston Thank you though:)

I had wanted to check out Galveston as well but it seemed prohibitively expensive. But now I'm looking into the cooltours thing and might change our plans up if its reasonable! ;)

Galveston isn't an easy port for those flying in. It is really made for people that will be driving. If you were going in the day of, the answer would be to just fly into Hobby and take the transfers Carnival offers for $70 per person round trip. Since you are going in the day before, there are really not a whole lot of options, but Hobby will be closer to Galveston than IAH, so at least there is that.

I am reconsidering my options now. I could take the cooltours tranport to Galveston ($205 round trip) and then stay IN GALVESTON. I see a Harbor House room is avialble right now for $134/night. So my total expense that way would be $350ish with tax I think.

Or I stick with my original plan which is stay at LaQuinta near the airport for about $210, which includes the shuttle bus to the pier.

I think I'm going to stick with the original plan, although there is something very compelling about waking up and being able to WALK to the pier the morning of the cruise.....

Edited by J_Viggy
clarification

I am reconsidering my options now. I could take the cooltours tranport to Galveston ($205 round trip) and then stay IN GALVESTON. I see a Harbor House room is avialble right now for $134/night. So my total expense that way would be $350ish with tax I think.

Or I stick with my original plan which is stay at LaQuinta near the airport for about $210, which includes the shuttle bus to the pier.

I think I'm going to stick with the original plan, although there is something very compelling about waking up and being able to WALK to the pier the morning of the cruise.....

I have heard good reports on Bidding on Priceline as well . Im booked at the LaQuinta Galveston east but others have got The Galveston Beach hotel for as little as 70 per night and Moody gardens for 80 ..Cooltours does have good prices

I have heard good reports on Bidding on Priceline as well . Im booked at the LaQuinta Galveston east but others have got The Galveston Beach hotel for as little as 70 per night and Moody gardens for 80 ..Cooltours does have good prices

La Quinta referred me to Jeromes transportation in Galveston he is very reasonable 409-316-0335