Breakaway Feb '15 Cruise Booked - Questions

Hi All,

My fiancé and I have booked a spa mini-suite in Feb. 2015 for our honeymoon!! We are beyond excited and I am a super-duper planner so I have been reading everything I possibly can & I have a few questions:

1. We are planning on taking the train into NYC and getting a cab to the pier (approx. $330 for parking at the pier is just crazy). It looks like we can get a train that arrives at 8:50 a.m. or 10:50 a.m. The ship departs at 3:00 p.m. I would prefer to be earlier rather than later, is 9:00-9:20 too early to arrive at the port?

2. I am planning on bringing a bottle of champagne (totally willing to pay the $15 corkage fee), a few bottles of OJ and a few bottles of water. I don't think between the 2 of us we really need to bring a case for 7 days, so I was thinking of packing all the drinks in a canvas bag to carry on with me rather than checking the drinks. Will Amtrak have any problem with me brining this on board? Will NCL just take a look in the bag when we get to port? I want to avoid the naughty room. :P

3. When I booked the cruise through a NCL personal cruise consultant (who was very helpful), she said that she could almost guarantee that we would get a price drop before the final payment. Has anyone else found this to be true with the 7 day to FL/Bahamas cruise? I'm crossing my fingers!

Thank you in advance for the insight that anyone can give us!

Hi All,

My fiancé and I have booked a spa mini-suite in Feb. 2015 for our honeymoon!! We are beyond excited and I am a super-duper planner so I have been reading everything I possibly can & I have a few questions:

1. We are planning on taking the train into NYC and getting a cab to the pier (approx. $330 for parking at the pier is just crazy). It looks like we can get a train that arrives at 8:50 a.m. or 10:50 a.m. The ship departs at 3:00 p.m. I would prefer to be earlier rather than later, is 9:00-9:20 too early to arrive at the port?

2. I am planning on bringing a bottle of champagne (totally willing to pay the $15 corkage fee), a few bottles of OJ and a few bottles of water. I don't think between the 2 of us we really need to bring a case for 7 days, so I was thinking of packing all the drinks in a canvas bag to carry on with me rather than checking the drinks. Will Amtrak have any problem with me brining this on board? Will NCL just take a look in the bag when we get to port? I want to avoid the naughty room. :P

1 - You will be there very early. They do not start allowing people on the boat until around 11:30/11:45

2 - They'll run the bag through the x-ray machine. If you have the champagne in that bag, let them know and they'll send you to a different line.

Hi All,

3. When I booked the cruise through a NCL personal cruise consultant (who was very helpful), she said that she could almost guarantee that we would get a price drop before the final payment. Has anyone else found this to be true with the 7 day to FL/Bahamas cruise? I'm crossing my fingers!

I arrived at 0930 for the honeymoon - they did let us on board around 1100 (but this can vary). Perhaps you check your luggage and then walk up the road to the intrepid museum? Otherwise there is a seating area for you to wait outside of security.

Do you think that we would be OK with the train that gets in at 10:50 a.m. or will the pier be crazy by then?

So will I be OK if I let them know that I have a bag with champagne in it and then they'll also see the other (sealed) drinks inside? I just don't want anything mistakenly confiscated!

I think if you're upfront with the champagne, that'll be fine. They shouldn't bother the non-alcoholic drinks. People bring soda and water on the ship all the time. I can't remember what time we arrived at the pier for our Breakaway last May, but it wasn't super early--maybe 10:30? The check-in went really fast and I think we waited in the boarding area for maybe 30 minutes before our boarding group was called.

I think if you get there around 9 or 9:20, you'll get caught up in the madness of the previous passengers still leaving. Have a great trip! :D

Jen