when a 3rd person cancels is Early saver still an option?

jolyroger

Friends of ours who are cruising with us , the 3rd person in their cabin cancelled , now its been paid off since jan..the other two travelers were penalized because of her canceling (which I wish i read sooner that for them they should of not said anything at all , ) Now they booked under the ES rate , if their rate does come down do they still qualify for it? I know it would be for a 3 person cabin even though its now just 2...the strange thing is , and we've been trying to wrap our heads around this, everything for this person is paid for, airfare, hotel, cruise, everything..she cancelled due to her job is being outsourced , she'll be getting a very nice package and can collect for a bit...I dont know , I just dont get it, I mean you can go on the ship and spend literally nothing if you really need to...And no she had no insurance on it so she is getting nothing back..

Anywho, thank you for any feedback!

ES should still apply. Once ES, always ES. Now, if they cancelled the 3rd person after final payment, the penalty would be the greater of the deposit or a certain percentage of the total cruise fare. Having said that, since it's after final payment, the cruise should be paid off. The penalty should be taken out of the payments already made. In other words:

8-day cruise:

Persons 1 & 2: $750 each (ignoring the taxes) = $1500

Person 3: $500. Total of $2000 paid.

Reducing the room from 3 to 2 persons right after final payment would be a $300 penalty (the amount of the deposit). Since the total due on the booking is now only $1500, that penalty can be taken out of the $500 extra, and $200 can be refunded. Having the 3rd person be a no-show would mean that $200 doesn't get refunded, so cancelling is better. The no-show would be the right option in the case of a 2-person booking going down to 1 person, because of the solo supplement. So unless I'm not understanding, I do think that cancelling was the right thing in your case.

Since the booking is now a 2-person booking, following the cancel, I would think that they would now be price matching to 2-person rooms instead of triples.

I do understand what you mean about if you have it all paid off, why not just go anyway.

Edited by k2excursion

Awesome! Thank you so much for the quick responce! I wasnt sure when she asked me,i told her call carnival, i only know so much,lol...which is why i came here !

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk