Any direct bookings in Costa Maya?

Cool Cruzer

Hi there! I am wondering if there is any direct bookings in Costa Maya? I've found incredible prices at my other ports of call. The prices are so reasonable, I've decided to try and do all direct bookings instead of going through the cruise line's excursion programs. I'm set to arrive in Costa Maya on 11 Jan 06 from 12 noon to 8pm.

I'd like to try and see about doing the Catamaran thing, along with relaxing at the beach prior to it or afterwards. Can any one help direct me to a website? I've looked and for the life of me, I cant seem to find one!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

:D:cool::)

I'm not sure about Catamarans but if you'd like a great tour of the Mayan Ruins here is a group that is about half the ship's price. They may also know of a catamaran group to use. These guys are great. Their names are Ivan and David and here is their web address: http://www.chacchobenruins.com/default.html

Hope you have a great trip!

There is a booth in the middle of the town of Marahaul that does tours direct. Or I think there is a website called http://www.*****/public/forum/portal.php

they have some info. There is also a website devoted to Marahaul excursions or Costa Maya Excursions?? Something like that. Whatever it is, I'll be there next Monday!

also there is Costa Maya Cruise Excursions we've booked with them and had a great success. Fishing and the the beach break, rates are very good. We were met right in the port.
Hola amigos,

How was the beach break and do you know anyone that took their reef snorkel trip? We are going to Costa Maya in January and have not booked anything yet. Their intro prices are very interesting, and I was wandering if all was well with their trips.

I went on the Snorkel Trip from Carnival last week in Costa Maya. The day we were there, the surf was very strong, about 3 feet waves. It rocked the Holiday so hard that we could not walk down the aisles in a straight line for about 24 consecutive hours.

The reef is not great, at least by Cayman or Cozumel standards. We were all advanced snorkelers/divers and we found it very difficult to stay off the coral due to the fact that it was all very close to the top of the water--even at 150-200 yards offshore, in 15 foot of water. The marine life was good, but again, not up to the same standards as Cozumel the day before. The 3 hour excursion is a 30 minute bus ride to the reef, via a dirt road in a nice tour bus, 30 minutes checking out equipment and education for novices, 1 hour of snorkeling, 30 minutes to stroll the beach and drink the free Coke or the $2.00 Coronas, and another 30 minutes back to the pier.

If I was going back, I'd wait to see what the weather was like, and choose an excursion once I arrived on the pier.

My wife took the Mayan Cultural Experience and really enjoyed it. The swim-up bar in the pier complex looked very inviting, and I'll attest that the massage was great. It was very easy to relax with the surf coming in and creating a sooting atmosphere (right up to the time that I heard the toilets flush next door!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe at most all ports of call you are well protected in your excursion choices with Shore Trips

http://www.shoretrips.com

See the Coasta Maya tour section for Maharal.

I was there last Friday and it is a magnificent little fishing village in which the main street is beach sand.

I loved every minute there and will return for a weekend at one of the little hotelitos I saw. At $40 per night it´s a bargain.

Archived