shuttle to New Orleans port from Metairie?

lucy2mb

I booked the Sleep Inn in Metairie for 2 nights before our cruise. There are 6 of us and I was able to get a suite that sleeps 6. We have free parking for the week we are on the cruise but we need transportation to the port and then back to the hotel after our cruise. I don't want to take a taxi because we would need to get 2. Are there shuttles to the port in New Orleans. If so, what is the price per person. I don't want to spend a lot of money getting us to the port and then back to the hotel. It would end up probably costing as much as parking at the port. Any one know about rates to get to the port if there are shuttles?

They do have taxi's that will accommodate 6 people.

You will also find that New Orleans transportation is dominated by the taxi services, so shuttles are hard to come by sometimes. A taxi or two will be the cheapest probably.

The other option, if you have time for it, is to drive everyone to port with the luggage and drop off most of your people. Once you get back to the hotel call a taxi for one or two people. We did this and it was a huge pain, which is why I recommend just paying for as many taxis as it takes.