NCL Newbie ?s about the Getaway

OSUBuckly

Hi everyone,

In May, my family and I are doing our first NCL cruise on the Getaway (I have only sailed Disney in the past). I had a few general questions that I was looking to do some clarification on.

1) Do they sell day passes to the spa? How much are they? Can they be only used for port days?

2) What sort of alcohol tastings are offered? How much do they typically cost?

3) Has anybody seen Wine Lovers: The Musical? Is it worth the cost? Do they serve any food in addition to the wine?

4) Do shows and restaurants fill up before the cruise begins? I'd like to prebook, but I hear they are charging you when you book now so I'm not as sure of my times to actually pay upfront.

Thank you all for your assistance.

1. Yes, only sold on port days, unsure of cost.

2. Beer, margarita, and martini (maybe wine too?). If pricing was like Breakaway, estimate about $15-20 per tasting session, which include multiple tastings. For example, the martini one can include 4-5 full size martinis and a wicked hangover!

3. Can't help there, sorry.

4. No, they don't completely fill up. Just have an idea of what you want and when and make reservations early. Keep I mind that prime times may be taken, so you may have to be flexible with the time. Certain venues, like Teppanyaki, have less capacity than others and fill up more quickly.

Hi everyone,

In May, my family and I are doing our first NCL cruise on the Getaway (I have only sailed Disney in the past). I had a few general questions that I was looking to do some clarification on.

1) Do they sell day passes to the spa? How much are they? Can they be only used for port days?

3) Has anybody seen Wine Lovers: The Musical? Is it worth the cost? Do they serve any food in addition to the wine?

4) Do shows and restaurants fill up before the cruise begins? I'd like to prebook, but I hear they are charging you when you book now so I'm not as sure of my times to actually pay upfront.

Only 1/3 of all available time slots are offered for prebooking.

Hi everyone,

We toured the spa on Embarkation day and were told only weekly passes being sold. I did see a spa special advertised later in the week which offer 2 hours in the thermal suites in addition to the massage or whatever it was.

The tastings are usually $15 per person. The mojito one was the best! Look for Bong, our favorite bartender, in the Sugarcane Bar. Go early, the room fills up fast. Also did the beer and margarita tastings. All great fun. I think there was a martini taste but it was on a port day afternoon so we missed it.

We did the Wine Lover's musical. There is a full meal along with about 6 glasses of wine. The tasting is incorporated into the story line of the musical which is the story of a guy and gal who meet at a tasting. The wine was great and I did learn a few things. Meal is similar to the one at Illusionarium, but the steak there is much higher quality. Worth the $25 fee for the wine, show and entertainment value.

We only booked our shows pre-cruise at 45 days out. We booked Cagneys the day of for 7:30. They initially offered a late seating, but don't fall for it. Ask for what you want and you'll likely get close to that time. We walked into Moderno at 7:30 or 8:00 and were seated with no waiting. Walked in to Tropicana around same time and were seated by dance floor with no waiting.

Edited by punkincc