Freestyle sundeck on deck 15 on Pearl

rocketlegs

Does everyone have access to this or just the owner's suite?

What about the sundeck on deck 14?

If you mean the "regular" Freestyle Sundeck on deck 15, it is certainly open for everybody. But usually it is very quiet there, not many people. Maybe because "freestyle" in this case means the possibility to go topless or nude, all though it is not mandatory... ;)

If you are in an Haven owners suite (I believe all owners suites on the Pearl are part of the Haven), then you will have access to the private Haven sundeck that is only for Haven suite guests, situated on deck 15 on the left side/port side, just above the Haven courtyard. It is marked as "private sundeck" on the deck plans.

The Freestyle deck on the GEM was open to all. I was curious as to if it was really topless or not. I just could not work up the nerve to see for myself. I figured there would be some 20 somethings up there and I would be marked the rest of the cruise as "That Perve". Still don't know if you all on here are yanking my chain or not.

Edited by NH Cruisers

No chain yanking here, that's what it was used for on the Pearl Panama cruise in 2008.

I really don't think it is used that much here as free style but maybe on cruises in Europe it could be.

Well, they don't allow total nudity for sure. Used to be topless optional, but I've noticed it has been recently reported no longer topless either. Anyone is welcome either way. If you wish to go no one will label anyone a perv!!! It's open to all.

I'm definitely not Haven. I'm trying to find quiet places in the sun without screaming kids. Is the sundeck on deck 14 also for everyone's use?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last time we were on the Gem (2011), the "Freestyle Sundeck" was marked as "Adults Only".

Whether or not they still allow topless sunbathing won't matter if you are just looking for a quiet place away from kids :)

We'll be on next week!

I'm definitely not Haven. I'm trying to find quiet places in the sun without screaming kids. Is the sundeck on deck 14 also for everyone's use?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always do that myself - try to find quiet spaces away from the crowds. And my personal experience is that the higher up I get from the pool deck, the more quiet it is. Last year on board the Norwegian Sun, I ended up on the helicopter deck all by my self (there was a few sun beds there as well). Loved it! Often you can also find small "terraces" with a few sunbeds in "between" the main decks. I always take a walk all over the upper decks on the first day, so that I know my options later.... :p