Problems with My Princess

whiterose

Anyone else having problems with My Princess? For nearly a week I've had problems viewing my Saved cruises. When I try to update the price I get a message saying something like "Technical problem, please update price" and then my Saved cruise just disappears from the list. When I check on what's available I see that some prices include all taxes and port charges but then on other cruises some of the costs are listed separately. Kind of confusing since it makes some cruises look more expensive than they really are.

I have been having a problem too. On the Personalizer page, it shows that I have 4 saved cruises, but when I click on that line, nothing happens. It does not open the next page with the list of cruises.

After reading this a few minutes ago, I went to check my saved cruises. All 9 of them. Everything is there where it's supposed to be as it was 2 days ago when I checked. I always keep my booked cruises in the saved area to make it easy to check prices.

After reading this a few minutes ago, I went to check my saved cruises. All 9 of them. Everything is there where it's supposed to be as it was 2 days ago when I checked. I always keep my booked cruises in the saved area to make it easy to check prices.

Hey Pia-

How is Mike's eye?

I also keep the booked cruises on my saved list for the same reason.

Site seems to be working OK here this morning. Couple of issues though:

1) The new background image on the Cruise Personalizer pages, while pretty, makes it harder to read the menu on the right hand side.

2) The count of saved cruises on they My Princess page is one higher than the number of cruises I have saved. Is this a ghost cruise?

3) The prices I keep checking on the Saved Cruises page rarely go down, although when they do it often makes the constant checking worth it.

I also agree with hpeabody, it seems the IT department uses Princess customers to test their new software. Not a good way to make friends.

My problem is getting to the Princess site. I normally use the Firefox browser but after an update a few weeks ago all I get is "Princess is temporarily unavailable" when I try to log on. If I use Internet Explorer everything works fine. I look at my saved cruises daily and when using Internet Explorer I've had no problems.

My problem is getting to the Princess site. I normally use the Firefox browser but after an update a few weeks ago all I get is "Princess is temporarily unavailable" when I try to log on. If I use Internet Explorer everything works fine. I look at my saved cruises daily and when using Internet Explorer I've had no problems.

Obviously a Firefox problem. I'm using Explorer now on my netbook and use Chrome when at home.

I too use Firefox and saw that problem about four days ago. The issue went away without any changes on my end of the Internet.

My current version of Firefox is up to date, version 27.0.1

As we all know, all browsers aren't alike and some implement HTML according to differing interpretations of the language specification. This causes the display of web-pages to sometimes be a little different from what the page designer intended. It is a real art to make web-pages that function and display the same from browser to browser, an art that seems to be very rudimentary over at Princess IT.

It seems that the IT department over at Princess might test their stuff on Internet Explorer first (well maybe they fix the IE bugs first) and then the other browsers later.

Edited by beg3yrs
Split a horrific run-on sentence into two.

Hmmmmmmm, I re-saved my 1 cruise yesterday because it got thrown out. Just now I saw it was there and when I click update price, it says a technical problem occured, need to update pricing and then it threw it all out and I will have to start all over again. This is what happened yesterday too. I tried IE and it says 1 have 1 saved cruise on the left, I click it then it says I have no saved cruises in the main frame. I guess we now have to check going the long way each time to be able to trust what we get to see, the saved cruises seems to mean nothing. Why are they "fixing" what used to work just fine and now is worthless? :eek:

When these types of problems occur, I always delete my temporary internet files. That seems to fix a lot of the problems that occur on Princess (and other sites that I frequent). Give that a try...