Kids Clubs

We have been on Disney cruises and Carnival and my kids (6 & 8) have loved the kids clubs. I am now thinking of RCCL due to kids sail free. I have been on Royal prior to kids. How are the kids clubs on RCCL? What type of activities? Are they open all day? Are they open when in port? Thank you for any information you can provide.

We have been on Disney cruises and Carnival and my kids (6 & 8) have loved the kids clubs. I am now thinking of RCCL due to kids sail free. I have been on Royal prior to kids. How are the kids clubs on RCCL? What type of activities? Are they open all day? Are they open when in port? Thank you for any information you can provide.

Hi welcome to RC

We are predominant RC cruisers, DD has sailed RC. Since 6 months old and is now 12 so has gone through all the levels. Have not done Disney or. Carnival, but she also sailed Celebrity and. Norwegian. Her favorite by far is RC absolutely loves it!

When in port adventure ocean is open all day to accommodate parents that want to take an excursion without the kids. If sailing to coco cay they have a kids club on the island.

When at sea general hours are 9-12, 2-5, 7-10 then you pay after 10 until late. Trust me they love the late nights, normally we are trying to get her out and all she wants to do is stay even at midnight!

Activities are normally themed each day. One day may be science themed, art themed, pirate themed etc.

Gaga ball (variation of dodgeball) is all the rage and a nightly favorite for prizes.

Face painting, pillow making (they get a pillowcase to decorate and bring home) etc. movie and pajama party night.

There are normally a couple of days at sea they can do lunch that is a nominal fee. Also formal nights they have a nominal fee sign up dinner, where they will take them at 5-7 and take them to the windjammer for dinner. We have never used as dD likes her food;) but seen plenty of kids go.

Depending on the ship also depends, eg the few ships that have water slide they took them out a couple of times to use the slide etc.

Hope that gives you a rough idea that they will be fully entertained!

Enjoy

Edited by Spurschick
Spelling

My kids are 10 & 12 and hardly ever go to the kids clubs on RC. They love the kids clubs on all the other cruise lines they've sailed but they said they are bored at the kids clubs on RC....but yet they prefer to sail on Royal Caribbean. I think it is all of the other activities outside of the clubs that they like!

Our kids have always loved the Royal Caribbean kids clubs and we've always had excellent experiences with the staff. My son (13) likes the tween/teen club activities and meets lots of friends to spend the week with, and my younger daughter (5) LOVES Adventure Ocean. She actually makes us a bit sad because she never wants to be with us!!! I like the breaks the club has during the day (or we'd never see them!) and the clubs have been a wonderful treat on sea days, so my husband and I can enjoy some alone time.

We have also sailed with Disney, Carnival and NCL. We like Royal Caribbean's kids clubs the best, followed by Carnival, Disney and we really disliked NCL (though it was only one ship, so not a lot to go by).

I think liking or disliking kids clubs really depends on the kid and what kind of activities they enjoy. My older daughter (now 17) always preferred not to go to the kids clubs and even now, she'd rather hang with us. Some of the kids club activities for the younger groups are a school-type environment with group games, crafts, songs etc.....so kids that don't gravitate towards that will most likely not enjoy the clubs as much. Some kids love free-for-alls and you won't really find that on RCCL. That's why I love it as a parent! They are very responsible with the kids and they are very structured.

Have a great time!!

Our kids have been on Disney, Carnival and Royal. Carnival and Royal kids' clubs are pretty comparable-- hours are about the same, activities seem similar, etc. My kids like Disney kids' club the best. Unfortunately, their parents don't like DCL prices, so I think our one Disney Cruise will probably be our only Disney cruise, unless a stellar deal comes along! They told me that the best part about the DCL club was that they didn't HAVE to participate in the scheduled activities-- they could just free play instead (on a really cool pirate ship play structure, might I add). They also liked that they got to be in the same club, as Disney does not divide its 3-12 year olds by age. They like Royal and Carnival's club fine, it's just not quite as awesome as Disney to them. Mommy and Daddy refuse to pay twice as much to cruise for an "awesome" kids' club, so we'll be on Royal and Carnival many more times, I'm sure :D.