Review: Allure verses Disney Fantasy

iublondie25

Big Al, for the first time, we have PALO brunch booked and I'm super stoked! I've never paid for a meal on a cruise, but for $25 and caviar and seafood and mimosas, I really couldn't pass it up! I hope our BIL is as happy with the Magic as you (and I!) were on the Dream. He has claimed it will be his last cruise! (1 7day CCL HOliday in 2007 the only thing to compare.) Guess we find out in about 60 days!

Yay!

OP, Fantasy is my absolute Dream ship. I can't wait to sail her. I would sail Oasis too if it was a really good deal but with our Disney rewards cards, we are sailing our 4 day at half the price, so for us, Disney is a GREAT deal. I'd hate to take money from my future dream Fantasy cruise before I go on Oasis, but I would do either, I think my honey would like it.

We seriously were amazed with our Disney cruise, and it was only a 3 day. I would gladly sail 3 or 4 days on Disney than a non-Oasis class RCI 7 day.

Glad you liked your trip though!

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

Big Al, for the first time, we have PALO brunch booked and I'm super stoked! I've never paid for a meal on a cruise, but for $25 and caviar and seafood and mimosas, I really couldn't pass it up! I hope our BIL is as happy with the Magic as you (and I!) were on the Dream. He has claimed it will be his last cruise! (1 7day CCL HOliday in 2007 the only thing to compare.) Guess we find out in about 60 days!

Yay!

OP, Fantasy is my absolute Dream ship. I can't wait to sail her. I would sail Oasis too if it was a really good deal but with our Disney rewards cards, we are sailing our 4 day at half the price, so for us, Disney is a GREAT deal. I'd hate to take money from my future dream Fantasy cruise before I go on Oasis, but I would do either, I think my honey would like it.

We seriously were amazed with our Disney cruise, and it was only a 3 day. I would gladly sail 3 or 4 days on Disney than a non-Oasis class RCI 7 day.

see post below...

Edited by big al

Yay!

Brace yourself before you go to Palo...make sure you're HUNGRY...check BP & heart rate, LOL....make sure you look at all to eat before you attack...remember what I wrote- don't miss the chicken parm..it is out of this world..you must order it from the menu..it is NOT in the buffet....if you don't like it, don't eat it...this brunch at any decent hotel would cost $50+...I ordered eggs benedict from the menu PLUS the chicken parm along with the rest at the tables...we didn't eat again till dinner...make sure you post something when you get back...when are you leaving?

Big Al

Brace yourself before you go to Palo...make sure you're HUNGRY...check BP & heart rate, LOL....make sure you look at all to eat before you attack...remember what I wrote- don't miss the chicken parm..it is out of this world..you must order it from the menu..it is NOT in the buffet....if you don't like it, don't eat it...this brunch at any decent hotel would cost $50+...I ordered eggs benedict from the menu PLUS the chicken parm along with the rest at the tables...we didn't eat again till dinner...make sure you post something when you get back...when are you leaving?

Big Al

The whole trip is going to be UNREAL! Just beyond awesome, we have been planning it basically since we set foot on the Dream last April.

5/3- Family day at EPCOT ANNNDDD its my Anniversary!!! We booked Tutto in Italy (another first!) as a family. What could be better? (Twinkie's anniversary is the week before.)

5/4- Hollywood Studios WHAT WHAT!!!!!!! THat is our FAVORITE park.

5/5- Boarding the lovely (I hope!) Magic

5/6- Playing with the Sea Lions again at Blue Lagoon

5/7- Castaway Cay, oh boy. Run the 5k! Pose on the beach with all our mermaids! (4 so far at least!) try to eat some where in there. Afternoon Catamaran Snorkel Excursion! :D Too tired after 3 mile run to swim to the fishes, we get to cruise to the fishies! Twinkie has a spa appt, then its show or something and pirate night! Might be the longest day in history!

5/8- Finally a Sea Day! Thank goodness yesterday will be very active, cuz its time for Brunch Extraordinaire!

5/9- Debarkation and SeaWorld (in the plans so far and I make my own mind up so no one please mention a documentary, I already know about it)

5/10- Possibly Busch Gardens & family dinner show at Columbia in Tampa

5/11- Say good bye to all my family and fly back to KY?! We will forget about that day.....

So anyway yeah! Its probably a never to be repeated trip. I've lost 13 pounds and have another 10-12 to go! And I have 7 weeks to do it.... :eek:

But training for the 5k and mermaid training (olympic pool with mermaid monofin) is definitely helping!

WAHOO!

(Sorry OP, I couldn't resist, back to the thread. Host, please don't delete me...)

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

• 1 month later...
Remember when you compare these two Ships Royal Caribbean to Disney you are comparing Apples to Oranges not Apples to Apples

Can you explain why these are appleas to oranges, not apples to apples? We have sailed the Allure and loved it, and our neighbors have only sailed Disney and asked us to go on a DCL cruise with them. It's SO much more expensive, so I was wondering if it's worth a $10,000 price tag for Disney (for 5 of us) v. $4500 price tag?

We thought the Allure had as much stuff for the kids as we'd want (character breakfasts, ice skating shows, daily character parades) plus such nice areas for the adults, that it's hard to imagine Disney is so much better - but I don't know if I should shell out the extra $5000 to find out what I'm missing.

Vacation Junkie

Hard to believe all your dissatisfaction as the Fantasy is only 2 years old

Sounds like the ship is falling apart

This year it was awarded the best cruise Ship

I was thinking the exact same thing. The Fantasy is immaculate! I've been on the Fantasy last November 2013 and she still looks new.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The Fantasy is immaculate! I've been on the Fantasy last November 2013 and she still looks new.

Never mind, I see she was talking about the Magic and not the Fantasy.

Can you explain why these are appleas to oranges, not apples to apples? We have sailed the Allure and loved it, and our neighbors have only sailed Disney and asked us to go on a DCL cruise with them. It's SO much more expensive, so I was wondering if it's worth a $10,000 price tag for Disney (for 5 of us) v. $4500 price tag?

We thought the Allure had as much stuff for the kids as we'd want (character breakfasts, ice skating shows, daily character parades) plus such nice areas for the adults, that it's hard to imagine Disney is so much better - but I don't know if I should shell out the extra $5000 to find out what I'm missing.

You do not have to spend 10K to go on the Fantasy. My family of 5 did a 7 night Western Caribbean for $4600 (fare and taxes). Look at other dates, and try to book as close to release day as possible.

Thanks for writing this review OP. We've done 3 cruises with DCL and had a great cruise each time! We'd like to try a different line, though, for a different experience and have narrowed it down to either Princess or RCI. The Oasis or Allure actually interest me, despite their massive size!