Going to Gatorland in FL on our own

Luv2Cruise1980

Excursions are way too expensive for the breakaway leaving spring break 4/13 and so we were wondering if we should just go to gatorland in Florida ourselves? We have my DD 4 yr old and a DS 7yr old with us. Think they would enjoy it? Just wondering if anyone has gone there in the past and how long and much would it cost for a cab ride if we decide to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Excursions are way too expensive for the breakaway leaving spring break 4/13 and so we were wondering if we should just go to gatorland in Florida ourselves? We have my DD 4 yr old and a DS 7yr old with us. Think they would enjoy it? Just wondering if anyone has gone there in the past and how long and much would it cost for a cab ride if we decide to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Gatorland is in Orlando. That would make for an expensive cab ride, IMO. You might get more info in the ports section...

Taxi will be over $300 round trip, not counting tolls or tips.

I would suggest doing something a lot closer to port canaveral. The Florida message board can give you lots of suggestions

We went to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge , Fantastic!! Tons of gator, pink flamingo's galore ,Armadillos were new to us ,Manatees and bird's of pray. The Florida Space-coast + Kennedy space center are much closer to the ship than Orlando .

I would rent a car but not from Payless Car Rental. We rented from them last week and the car we got was pretty much bare bones and given to us with less than ¼ tank. We went outlet shopping and to Citywalk. Me personally … I would not go to Gatorland. Your kids may enjoy an airboat ride with gators and it is much closer to port.

We have been to Gatorland and I also would say that if your kids love, love, love gators to go for it, via rental car.

Unless they have done some major remodel in the last couple years, the place is pretty dumpy and boring, except for the gators.

Otherwise, something like the suggestions above would be better.

I think your kids would love the airboat and lots of different critters better.

Enjoy whatever you choose, your kids are at such fun ages!